What size projector for headlight mod do you use?

naked_1_FZ8

Just wondering what size are these projectors you guys are using for the fz8 headlight conversion? I have been looking on line and see a lot of 2.5" or 3" projectors. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

HeresMyMind

the 3" projector and 2.5" mini d2s are extremely simular, the lens being 3" was made to fill up the looks of a larger headlight style but they arn't quite as wide (output wise) as the 2.5".

So go with the www.retrofitsource.com Mini D2S 2.5" projector.

-B

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Generally, you're going to be looking at a 2.5" projector. Currently The Retrofit Source has the D2S 3.0, however it is much too long to fit in the housing without modification.

We are using the D2S 2.0, which has a 2.5" lens, and small enough to fit without needing to modify the housing too much.

naked_1_FZ8

Generally, you're going to be looking at a 2.5" projector. Currently The Retrofit Source has the D2S 3.0, however it is much too long to fit in the housing without modification.

We are using the D2S 2.0, which has a 2.5" lens, and small enough to fit without needing to modify the housing too much.

So I should be looking for a total length of 4" or so for the projector? Seems like a lot of the 3" projectors are 5" or longer. Or is it the width and height of a 3" projector may not fit in the housing?

Thanks for all the info from you guys!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
So I should be looking for a total length of 4" or so for the projector? Seems like a lot of the 3" projectors are 5" or longer. Or is it the width and height of a 3" projector may not fit in the housing?

Thanks for all the info from you guys!

The depth is the main issue with the fz8 housing. If you're inveterate in parts, I can sell you a TRS kit.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk