What is the best action camcorder GoPro, Drift, Contour, Sony Action Cam, or other?

waypoint

mod squad
Awesome, I think there is supposed to be at least 50 riders from the AZ/CA motovlogger meetup The Annual April CA/AZ Motovlogger Meetup | Facebook

In regards to settings, I found that when finishing in WMM to make the file size set to Windows HD 720 for finishing. Also, when uploading if you don't have a ton of subscribers or likes/comments, then the videos won't automatically start in 480p. They will start at 240 or 360p. Try clicking on the setting wheel on the yotube window and jumping it to 720p. Makes a huge difference.

Sounds like a ton of fun!

I do know about changing the resolution on youtube, but youtube processes uploaded video, probably to conserve space and to meet their specs, and i can see the difference between the online version at 720p vs on computer master at 720p. While the video is uploading it even says something to the effect of; "you can obtain betters results by conforming to our settings". There's a page that tells you all about them but I just haven't taken the time to digest it. guess another learning curve is in the future. :eek:

ssky0078

I do know about changing the resolution on youtube, but youtube processes uploaded video, probably to conserve space and to meet their specs, and i can see the difference between the online version at 720p vs on computer master at 720p. While the video is uploading it even says something to the effect of; "you can obtain betters results by conforming to our settings". There's a page that tells you all about them but I just haven't taken the time to digest it. guess another learning curve is in the future. :eek:

Let me know what you find. I remember breezing through that and it said that basically the higher res and frame rates was reserved for the higher subbed content providers.

Jacek3743

To answer your question, I've made numerous edits of my videos to get it to the master quality and there is a way to get close without the need of the youtube 1080p feature because unless you actually have a computer capable of displaying that resolution, it wont do you any good. Now if I find sometime, possibly tomorrow, I can direct you to videos I found that helped me edit and export the video to be really good quality. Do you use any sort of editing software or just straight upload from the camera?

Jacek3743

Mounting the camera to the chin of the helmet would give it a nice view. It gives a much better stabilization and also the same perception of what you'd get if you had it on the tank.

Here's an example:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbjVtmR8-M]First Ride - YouTube[/ame]

waypoint

mod squad
To answer your question, I've made numerous edits of my videos to get it to the master quality and there is a way to get close without the need of the youtube 1080p feature because unless you actually have a computer capable of displaying that resolution, it wont do you any good. Now if I find sometime, possibly tomorrow, I can direct you to videos I found that helped me edit and export the video to be really good quality. Do you use any sort of editing software or just straight upload from the camera?

I would appreciate the links to those vids... Thanks. I always record and export to 720p cause I use the drift ghost hd and it only does 60 fps at 720. I use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing, though I'm just learning it. Lynda.com is my teacher.

Jacek3743

I would appreciate the links to those vids... Thanks. I always record and export to 720p cause I use the drift ghost hd and it only does 60 fps at 720. I use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing, though I'm just learning it. Lynda.com is my teacher.

Here, try this Adobe Community: Go-Pro Helmet Cam Footage Editing Tips, this is specific to your editing program. When you export, try to see the specific settings you have for encoding because choosing the standard "HD" option may not be of the best quality. I've never used Premiere so I can't help you fully but maybe that link will