What did you pay for your Yamaha FZ8

asantos

[lang=es]hola

Yo he pagado 7000 euros por mi FZ8 N
Matricula incluida.

un saludo
alfredo[/lang]

mckshred

This price is ridiculous...how to counter...

Hey Guys,
Went to a dealer here in SW USA (see hot dry no winter climate) and checked out the '11 FZ8. They want over 10.6k for it otd.

I know they need to make a profit, but not all of it on this bike and from me.

Last edited:

ARFZ8

There's a reason they still have one on the floor with a deal like that. I'd keep looking. My dealer didn't charge for destination or pdi. I paid 7870 for the bike and about 500 tax when I registered it without really negotiating at all.

hypo

I got mine in Texas for around 8500... it was the ONLY one that was shipped to the store, people stared at it like it was weird, and had been there for about 8 months. Since its Texas, there is a LARGE LOVE for cruisers and wannabe Harleys, so cruisers see lots of attention here, and then it swings to the far side into the supersports bikes... not a lot of naked lovers here, and there's a fairly widespread love for standards and old fashioned cafe racers, but those are second and third bikes for people here. Depending on where you are (which state) and how good your credit it, I'd walk in there and ask them how long its been on the floor, and tell them you'll pay about 8500ish but could negotiotate a little bit higher. when they laugh at you, laugh back and tell them you'll check back with them in a few weeks. unless there's naked love out there, you might have gotten stuck with some hotshot punk sales person who wants to make a lot of money off the sale. ignore that guy and find someone else to talk to next time you go there and give him the same offer.

C

Camo

I paid 12.5k for mine here in Australia and that was playing a few shops off against each other. The asking price was 14k.
I actually paid 6k cash and traded my old bike in for 6.5k...

The other bikes I'd looked at buying new were
Sprint St 1050- $16,000
VFR800- $15,500
Z1- $16,000
Speed Triple- $19,000
Street Triple R- $15,000

Wish they were 8,500 here..I'd have not even bothered looking at anything else!

Speedo007

Your bikes are crazy expensive...here the Speed Triple is cheaper then the SPrint ST1050.
I paid my 2009 Speed Triple 12500$ CDN (which is equal to US$ these days) brand new in 2009.

hypo

Your bikes are crazy expensive...here the Speed Triple is cheaper then the SPrint ST1050.
I paid my 2009 Speed Triple 12500$ CDN (which is equal to US$ these days) brand new in 2009.

The Sprint ST/GT really attracted my eye for about 2 years, I just couldn't find one used for a decent price and didn't want to fork that much cash over for a new one. Sexy and Sassy bike though!

Speedo007

I know a guy who has the Sprint ST. Loved the engine (pretty similar to the SPeed Triple, just feels less punchy), and that undertail exhaust, will cook you when stopped at a red light in summer. It honestly feels like you have a heated seat, all the time. Great for cold seasons, but sucks in summer. Also, I'm tall, and posture was quite uncomfortable for me.

matt73

Hi lads,

Just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago for 10,600. Had 4,500kms on it but came with grab rails and luggage rack. I love this bike!

C

Camo

Bikes here in Oz are generally more expensive due to the fact our dealers don't have the buying power you lot enjoy in the US. The way my dealer put it was that in the US they can afford to import say, 20,000 FZ8's and know that the odds are good that they will sell due to sheer numbers in population. Here in Oz, they'll buy 2500 FZ8's and worry they'll bee sitting in the shop for 2 years.
Bulk buying always translates into cheaper pricing per unit that in turn results in a cheaper consumer price.

G'day Matt, sounds like you got a great deal congrats and welcome. Were about's in Oz are you?

mckshred

The day has arrived!!!

Picking it up tonight! After tons of research and negotiating I am pumped! I'll post my final OTD after I get home. Then it's time to start reading about mods.
Mirrors first, frame sliders second, passenger grab rails third! Thanks for all the information everyone. Looks like I'm going to be part of the club after all!! Wooohooooooo!!!:bs2:

SkyOrDie

Did you get it?

So, Mckshred. Did you pick the bike up? Having too much fun to post? I'm very interested in hearing the details of your shopping experience.

-Stan