Well that was close...

97audia4

Sand and gravel on the road make it hard to brake

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmfQMUiCFvM&feature=c4-overview&list=UU57jOzukyIVjStm3UuV-XlA]Almost crashed - YouTube[/ame]

97audia4

wheww... im glad youre ok buddy.. hows the bike? no flat tires or anything?

nah i think the handle bars are bent a little bit but it might have just been me being paranoid. Its hard to tell but I the rear locked up the entire way once I hit the field because that shit was hard packed

Bajaedition

wow
done that before

infact

today went out to one of my favorite roads, it had rained 2 weeks ago and the road had been closed for repair. I noticed yesterday while running down the 10 freeway that vehicles were on it so I set out today to take it. I went down about 9 miles of strait and got near the first turn when I saw a lot of sand and some new patches so I slowed way down.
Good thing I did because it was like running down a dirt road.
maybe a few weeks after the wind and traffic clean it a bit
bitch living in the desert at times

97audia4

sorry if i missed it... was there sand or gravel on the road?

sand and gravel, plus now that i think about it there might have been some feed on the ground too, you can year both tires just lock and i barley even touched the brakes.

Bajaedition

sorry if i missed it... was there sand or gravel on the road?
LOL
actually I see it in the center of the lane

nothing like I was dealing with, I mean today that road I took was a sea of sand

oh well, maybe next week I can get the twistie urge out of me

Rotaryknight

dude that was close lol

I had that happen to me, I was going about 30 mph through a turn that was 2 lane each way. Good thing there was no traffic, I just straighten the bike out and braked, locked the rear a little bit sliding on dirt all the way to the other side. Seems like a construction truck was carrying some dirt and gravel and some of it spilled...