Visors

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Didnt want to hijack the helmet thread but what color visors are good? I have a clear but was thinking about buying amber. I Had some amber shades and could see very well. I know alot of you have smoked but was wanting something to help see better or something else?
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

BIGpanda

I like smoke during the day and change out to my clear for night time, but I might get a yellow visor and change out to that at night.

FZER

Avid Rider
I use a mirrored one on my icon. It doesn't do a whole lot with really bright sunlight and I put sunglasses on underneath it in those conditions. I shouldn't but I also ride at night with it on......Just be sure to get some straight framed sunglasses so they'll slide into your helmet. In the fishing section of Wally World there's some pretty dang good polarized straight glasses for $15 or less. If you got some of those you could just stick with the clear. Honestly, I use the mirrored one, because it looks cool as hell with my high vis yellow alliance helmet.

Mrpacis

I got the gold iridium visor. I think lol I had a smoked one but too dark at night but with this one i can still see well at night. And matches my helmet :)

Mrpacis

Didnt want to hijack the helmet thread but what color visors are good? I have a clear but was thinking about buying amber. I Had some amber shades and could see very well. I know alot of you have smoked but was wanting something to help see better or something else?

Highjacker lol jk

FZER

Avid Rider

I saw your comment about your smoking problem, but if you might be thinking about a new helmet too everyone on here talks real highly of shark helmets. I just looked up their site and man nice stuff. They have modulars with flip down dark visors. Makes me wish I would have looked at shark when I got my new helmet about six months ago.

sinclap2

Lazy
Have you guys seen these visors before? To me this is so cool :cool: transition lens visor! Pity they'll probably only mak them for the RHOK helmets to begin with.

RHOK VISORS - IRIDIUM, SMOKED, CLEAR, PHOTOCHROMIC | eBay. - scroll down to the 1st video

I bought one the helmets, but it didn't quite fit my head properly. It was a little difficult to gauge the helmet size, but here was no prob getting a refund. The helmets are very well made.

Also, do any of you use the pin lock visor layer? I do and it is awesome for the cold mornings. Not a hint of fog. I have ridden when it has been below 0 degrees Celcius and it didn't fog on the visor at all. I love it.

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

I use a dark tint visor when ever the suns out but than change to the standard clear visor when the suns down. i keep the clear visor in my back pack which comes with me when ever i ride.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Thanks for y'alls input, I wear prescription eyes and thought the amber/iridium would help in low light. I guess i'll try one, small dollar item.

H

Hoover

I have either smoke, black or iridium on all of my helmets.
Under the seat of my bike, I have a pair of Smith & Wesson yellow shooting glasses in a wrap bag.
If you have never ridden at night with yellow shooting glasses, you should.
They turn night into "night on roids!"
All the road markings and signs are accentuated. All the oncoming lights are diffused to a bearable level.
It makes riding at night a treat!

sinclap2

Lazy
Got the bell transitions visor on my rs1. Clear at night and dark smoke in sun. Best visor ever!

I wish I could get one for my HJC, coz I hate it when I have the clear visor on and I forget my sunnies :cool:

I scored myself a pair of Oakley eyepatch glasses with an amber lens for $50 on catchoftheday.com.au Damn do they seem to make things crisper! It is like im riding in 3D :p (damn I'm funny) The arms are thin enough so they slip on very easily with the helmet.

Last edited:
V

Vapordan

Dealer threw in oakleys? Oh come on, I'm not buying that - pun intended. :D

Ben1105

Looking to get a gold iridium visor, but I haven't been able to find any for the shoei x-twelve though :/ Anyone know how the gold iridium is at night?

Mrpacis

Looking to get a gold iridium visor, but I haven't been able to find any for the shoei x-twelve though :/ Anyone know how the gold iridium is at night?

I had a smoke visor and my main concern was it was dark and hard to see at night so I got a gold one. And the difference is night and day. I can see better not as clear as having a clear visor but definitely way better than smoke

FZER

Avid Rider
I have either smoke, black or iridium on all of my helmets.
Under the seat of my bike, I have a pair of Smith & Wesson yellow shooting glasses in a wrap bag.
If you have never ridden at night with yellow shooting glasses, you should.
They turn night into "night on roids!"
All the road markings and signs are accentuated. All the oncoming lights are diffused to a bearable level.
It makes riding at night a treat!

Hoover is right on this one too. They are awesome. I've got some goggle/glasses with the yellow and they are great at night, I'll ride sometimes and should probably do it all the time at night with my mirrored visor up and just the goggle/glasses on. I paid way too much for them, because they were suppose to transition to a darker color in sunlight, but they really don't do a good job at that. I will caution everyone I don't recomend riding with the visor up. Too many suicidal bugs at night, they may not make you wreck, but they can leave nasty shit on your face and hurt like hell.