Vibration issues

Speedo007

Vibrations in pegs and under seat

Hey guys,

The girl I sold my bike to started feeling strong vibrations in the pegs lately, she has a feeling it's coming from the shifter area. She sent me this video:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44881118/IMG_1476.mov

Does your Fz8 have that much loose where the shifter attaches to the engine?

If not, any idea of where the vibration could be coming from? It vibrates even when idle, and is worst when shes going around 90km/h regardless of rpm. It just started doing it in the past 2 weeks. Clutch maybe?

Any help is welcome, she doesnt speak english so I thought I'd post here for her.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The vidoe does not work for me. I went out and grabbed my shifter link and at the engine, the shaft moves in and out quite a bit( i think this is what you are reffering too). Oh, and no abnormal vibes here.

Speedo007

Yeah I think all remaining new ones (from 2009) have been sold this year. I just missed a deal on one from Toronto 2009, brand new, black for 9000$...Though I paid my 2007 with 10000km 6900$ and it was in showroom condition except for the tires that were done. I've loved all the bikes I've had, but really this strange creature is my favorite so far, and I've had many fun and awesome bikes! (including the FZ8!) If I had found a 2009 in the crate I would have had it shipped over here from anywhere in Canada. Instead I flew 1h30 to New-Brunswick and rod it back home (about 8 hours).

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I will keep the 8. I am starting a collection of cool Yamaha Naked bikes, the MT-01 is on the list, but i want a new one, or hardly used at all.

Speedo007

Good luck...I really tried to find a new one...called across Canada in the biggest dealers...and found nothing at all, many dealers didnt even know what the heck I was talking about hehe. Finding one with little milleage though is "easier". Finding a 2007 with under 10000km, I was quite happy! My FZ8 had 20000km after one season...lucky you if can can just add bikes to your collection without getting rid of the others, thats my idea of a perfect world :)

Just try to avoid the 2006, unless you like that bluish frame...its the only year they made the frame that color, after it was all black, more to my taste personally. The best would be the 2009 all black. Im turning my red one into that, except I'll put the tank charcoal cause I've seen an all black in person, and the design elements lose themselves in the all black theme, it takes just a few accents here and there to make the bike really stand out.

Last edited:

Speedo007

I love it, i will see if i can get it down in price.

I paid 6900$ for my mine bone stock 2007 with 9800km in mint condition. So though theres tons of mods on that one it doesnt have the Akrapovic exhaust (like 2500$ for slip-ons and as much for the headers..). 4000$ of carbon parts doesnt add up to 4000$ on the price when you sell it. I probably wouldnt pay more then 9000$...thats what they were selling the brand new 2009 just 3-4 months ago in Toronto at the Yamaha dealer.