UK Number Plate Size

jonnyedwards1981

Hi all - question for fellow UK guys.

The standard UK plate size is 9"x7" and as I'm sure you'll agree, it's big and ruins the look of the back end.

Obviously there are a number of places that will make up smaller plates but what do people use? I'm thinking something sensible so that it doesn't draw unnecessary attention and am guessing 7"x5" would probably be just about OK.

Thoughts?

H

Hoover

The Rozzers never cared back when I lived in Cov. I used to have a small silver and black rectangular one on the back of my RD400.
Never got pulled.
I guess now they are way stricter eh?

jonnyedwards1981

The Rozzers never cared back when I lived in Cov. I used to have a small silver and black rectangular one on the back of my RD400.
Never got pulled.
I guess now they are way stricter eh?

Anything for an easy fine with minimal paperwork it seems these days

RnR

I say serves you right getting the ugly bike plate considering you have the best car plates. ;)

mac89

Hello 9x7 is the legal NO. plate, this is mine a 8x6 just deciding where to stick a small reflector for the MOT.

jonnyedwards1981

Hello 9x7 is the legal NO. plate, this is mine a 8x6 just deciding where to stick a small reflector for the MOT.

Blimey - i didnt think 8x6 would look that much smaller but it does look much neater and probably big enough still to keep the rozzers away

FZ8.UK

Johny D,

keep out of N Wales, with a smaller plate, without the Postcode of the plate maker and British standard mark on it,

the plod have regular days when they stop ever two wheeler on a popular bike route, and check everything, I no longer go anywhere near on my bike,

take care

Last edited:

jonnyedwards1981

Johny D,

keep out of N Wales, with a smaller plate, without the Postcode of the plate maker and British standard mark on it,

the plod have regular days when they stop ever two wheeler on a popular bike route, and check everything, I no longer go anywhere near on my bike,

take care

Blimey - cheers for the tip

H

Hoover

Taffy rozzers got nowt better to do than nick punters for wank bollocks.

C

Camo

Translation:
Fucking cops have nothing better to do then fine riders for tiny infringements of the law

H

Hoover

Translation:
Fucking cops have nothing better to do then fine riders for tiny infringements of the law

Cam, you're the best!! Pissed myself laughing this morning. Needed a cheer up mate!

FZ8.UK

Cymru plod is a pain,

Last summer is saw a rider get a little upity with the plod, after being stopped in one of those stop all bikes and check em, join the waiting queue,, when they wanted to check his bike for the usual rebel bits, plate, can, dark visor,

He won't get cheeky again, the checked, tyre pressure, chain adjustment, front rear wheel bearings, indicator light, lid for EU certification, his leather for body armour EU certification, his bag for balls,

After this i decided it aint worth the trouble, even though my bike is still in Jap spec,

ride safe