Two Brothers FZ8 slip on why two versions?

bikee4

Hello all! I've been looking on Amazon for a TBR slip on muffler and discovered there two versions one for 2011-2012 and a 2013 version.
What gives? I thought mounting was the same since the beginning and only style and shape has been changed to the 2013 bike. My question is; do I have to shell out extra money for the 2013 version or can I use the older?

Thanks, b4
Links:

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart: Yamaha FZ8 M-2 V.A.L.E.™ Slip-On Exhaust System (2011-12) - Polished Aluminum Canister 005-3050406V

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart: Yamaha FZ8 M-2 Silver Series V.A.L.E.™ Slip-On Exhaust System (2013) - Aluminum Canister 005-3720406V-S

master paper clip

Absolutely no reason they won't fit, the bike is exactly the same between 11, 12 and 13 only difference is the adjustable suspension on the 13

DSmith

purely asthetics. i ordered the regular carbon fiber one with the gold accents. they have the silver series and the black series too. all fit the same

bikee4

Thanks guys, I guess this so TBR can say they have a new product for more money...sheesh! Btw their website says they are different but the 2013 is more expensive! Crooks!:mad:

NoNine4me

Thanks guys, I guess this so TBR can say they have a new product for more money...sheesh! Btw their website says they are different but the 2013 is more expensive! Crooks!:mad:
You should contact Two Bros and ask them why there is a difference. Maybe there is some slight change between the two bikes. I know the can is different between the 2013 and earlier models, at least visually. They must have their reasons.

NoNine4me

master paper clip

The headers are the same, they had to design the new mid pip because the 13 don't have the mid pipe guard like the 11-12... I guarantee u 100% both exhaust will fit any year fz8