Two Bros Slip-On Too Loud?

DSmith

I just bought and installed a two bros carbon slip on on my 8. My intitial reaction was holy crap my neighbors are gunna hate me. After a 20 minute ride i began to think holy crap my ears are gonna hate me. So i just bought the p1x DB killer for it hoping it would quiet it down to a comfortable level, i guess ill find out when that shows up. You guys with two bros on your bikes, have any of you had any luck with the DB killers or should i consider dumping the two bros for something quieter? the reason i bought it was it seemed to have a deep rumble on youtube videos which appealed to me but it seems too loud as of right now

OdinSon

I got the Two Bros exhaust and ended up getting the p1x as well. I hated the stock exhaust, incredibly quiet, goofy looking... nothing redeeming about it. Then I got the Two Bro's and liked the sound and looks but damn is it loud. Excellent tone just too loud. Well I installed the p1x tonight and went for a short ride and liked it. Definitely still has some volume and that nice tone but isn't ear plug needing irritating loud.

thach1130

They do sell the spark arrestor which a few people claim reduce the sound a little more. But then again the instructions manual state it must be clean after 30 hours of use. What a pain in the ass.

Speedy2

I have the two brothers. I agree, way too loud stock. Got the p1x and it's great now. Not loud at all. Just a nice tone.

chodatus

I got the Two Bros exhaust and ended up getting the p1x as well. I hated the stock exhaust, incredibly quiet, goofy looking... nothing redeeming about it. Then I got the Two Bro's and liked the sound and looks but damn is it loud. Excellent tone just too loud. Well I installed the p1x tonight and went for a short ride and liked it. Definitely still has some volume and that nice tone but isn't ear plug needing irritating loud.

+1 , I didn't like the popping on decels so I went further and blocked the AIS hose.

kpedro

Maybe I'm the only one but I find it to be fine without any of the dbkillers. I find when you're cruising around town it can be a little loud but once you're on the highway it seems a little more toned down. And everyone else that I seem to ride with has louder pipes on their bikes, so mine seems quiet in comparison.:)

Primo87

Maybe I'm the only one but I find it to be fine without any of the dbkillers. I find when you're cruising around town it can be a little loud but once you're on the highway it seems a little more toned down. And everyone else that I seem to ride with has louder pipes on their bikes, so mine seems quiet in comparison.:)

Im the Same way, I used to be the loudest on in the group with the two brothers slip on, now everyone in my group is doing custom mods trying to make theres louder than mine, and they ended up suceeding. But as for convinience the slip on was way easier and Now i am not the loudest in the group im fine with the sound. Its loud but not too obnoxious. Although

A LOUDER BIKE IS A SAFER BIKE LOL

97audia4

I have two bros with cat punched out and its not that bad at all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RIUx1VJamk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU57jOzukyIVjStm3UuV-XlA]Thanks squid - YouTube[/ame]

DSmith

just put the p1x on my exhaust. wow what a difference. its just the tone im looking for. not too loud for the long rides and a sweet deep tone. :rockon: