Turn signal mod

F3NIX

Sometimes I feel really stupid! lol Believe it or not I actually deal with a fair amount of electronics in my line of work.

Thanks for breaking it down for me...I'm going to put this together tomorrow.

n8kdfz8

Did u do your tail light too??

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

:confused: me? No I left my taillight stock. I might "but not likely" get a motodynamic integrated taillight and rewire the red LED's (the ones I drilled holes for on each side) to turn on with integrated brake light at same time when brakes are applied.

Primo87

I dont know if any one is having trouble finding the right resistors to keep the blinker speed the same and not at an epileptic speed

But I found this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/2-Pin-Flasher-Relay-Signal-Yamaha/dp/B004XN8WVY"]relay[/ame] and its suppose to slow it down to OEM speed. Or close at least. Ju

Just a heads up for everyone trying to do this mod and not wanting to fiddle around with resistors for forever and a day to get it back to stock speed. I dont know if it bothers any of you, but its bothering the F*@% out of me

F3NIX

Just finished my install today...I have to say it looks awesome. Bright enough for daytime and more than bright enough for night time :)

Now how can I get rid of that ugly license plate! Lol

F3NIX

I dont know if any one is having trouble finding the right resistors to keep the blinker speed the same and not at an epileptic speed

But I found this relay and its suppose to slow it down to OEM speed. Or close at least. Ju

Just a heads up for everyone trying to do this mod and not wanting to fiddle around with resistors for forever and a day to get it back to stock speed. I dont know if it bothers any of you, but its bothering the F*@% out of me

Did you use this relay? Can you confirm that it fixed the problem? My Leds flash fast, this would be a nice fix

Primo87

I haven't got the relay in yet, I'm kinda hoping it fixes the issue. The site says that's is what the relay is specifically designed for. It should be in later this week, Ill install it and give you an update.

F3NIX

Saweet. Yeah my leds flash pretty fast. Doesnt bother me that much but if I can slow it down I will. Look forward to seeing if that relay works.

ultimate_walrus

Here is the one I use:
http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm#LayoutRegion1LYR
I currently have no incandescent signals anymore, just LEDs and the flash rate is perfectly normal. If you're a bit noobish like me and have no idea where the stock flasher relay is located, it's the little black box underneath the passenger seat, tucked along the right side. Completely plug-and-play, easiest "project" I ever tackled (everything else that should have been easy always took me about 4 times longer than it could have, but figuring all that out is part of the fun, right?)

F3NIX

Awesome. I am going to order it tomorrow. it replaces the OEM flash relay? Just plugs in? ....ok I can handle that!

Thanks man!

n8kdfz8

Just finished my install today...I have to say it looks awesome. Bright enough for daytime and more than bright enough for night time :)

Now how can I get rid of that ugly license plate! Lol

nice man, looks good! did you go with red LED's?

Last edited:

F3NIX

Yes. I couldnt find any amber ones locally that were 10 candella. Yes I said 10 candella! 3 leds and 1 270ohm resistor and wholla!! I shrink wrapped them and then hot glued them into the tail. Just enough to hold them in place. Cleans up the back end pretty nicely.

Primo87

Did you use this relay? Can you confirm that it fixed the problem? My Leds flash fast, this would be a nice fix

Just got the relay in and installed it in about ten seconds. It works like a charm was totally easier than messing around with all those resistor.

kodoq88

I have noob questions bout this.
1. Does it matter if i wire the leds in series or parallel?
2. If i get that relay thing then i dont need the resistor right
3. If i use the relay, the wiring should be straight forward right + to + , - to -

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2