Track riding

Rotaryknight

I am surprised the guy doesnt have a windshield on. Going 220kph would feel like the wind is pushing you off the bike. I wonder why he covered the side mirrors for. Glare?

I always wanted to track the FZ8 when I first got it, but I am just not up to par on the skill aspect yet, and I dont have a racing suit. NJMP does have track days for bikes.

Last edited:

BLAZEX09

Commuter
I am surprised the guy doesnt have a windshield on. Going 220kph would feel like the wind is pushing you off the bike. I wonder why he covered the side mirrors for. Glare?

I always wanted to track the FZ8 when I first got it, but I am just not up to par on the skill aspect yet, and I dont have a racing suit. NJMP does have track days for bikes.

I'm no expert but I think some tracks require that all glass be taped up, so it doesn't get all over the track if it breaks.

master paper clip

This bike is a blast, I had no issues keeping up with my friend on his ninja when we were on the technical course, but once we got to the road course he really got to use his top end and he kept loosing me, the front suspension isn't really the problem with this bike, its that pogo stick at the back. If u have the opportunity to get on a track just do it don't be worried about the bad rep our suspension gets, warm them tires up and just listen to the bike

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I'm no expert but I think some tracks require that all glass be taped up, so it doesn't get all over the track if it breaks.

in some cases thats true, also sometimes if your still being instructed they will tell you to tape them off so you don't look into them and become distracted by other riders.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...

you gotta start somewhere, thats what the instructors at the courses are for, ive never been to a trackday where you just got let loose your first time out. youll go put and follow a lead bike to show you a couple of different lines, then possibly even tandum depending on where you attend.

Granted ive only done 2 trackdays.....
Sorry not trying to sound like a know it all.....
Just go out and participate. gotta start somewhere

Bajaedition

I like the most onboard #2, where you get to see his style
always covering. looking through the curve, notice he does not use his arms for leverage as he moves around he uses his legs.
then see the BRNo on board #2 and it is the same bike different rider, he is slower according to the KPH and I would like to see him move around on his bike
I noticed they were allowing to pass inside, must be a more advanced class, also Most embarrassed a few sports bikes out there
and there are guys who think we need more adjustable forks and stuff, notice his are stock.
Lots to be learned with those videos, did you hear him pass the 2 stroke?

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
...I noticed they were allowing to pass inside, must be a more advanced class, also Most embarrassed a few sports bikes out there and there are guys who think we need more adjustable forks and stuff, notice his are stock....
Lots to be learned with those videos

Nice catch!

socal

This bike is a blast, I had no issues keeping up with my friend on his ninja when we were on the technical course, but once we got to the road course he really got to use his top end and he kept loosing me, the front suspension isn't really the problem with this bike, its that pogo stick at the back. If u have the opportunity to get on a track just do it don't be worried about the bad rep our suspension gets, warm them tires up and just listen to the bike

bump the preload it helps