Totally Gutted...!!!!

tri dude

Went out to the garage this morning to start the bike and noticed a small damp patch on the floor below the left fork. Upon further investigation I found that oil had been seeping down from the fork itself. The bike is only 3 months old and has 3600km on it. Phoned the selling dealer and they can't get it in to work on it until 10 Sep, the other main Yamaha dealer in Edmonton can't get it in until the 12th!!!! To make matters worse I have to go to Winnipeg on 16 Sep for 2 weeks, which means if weather turns cold (this is Alberta remember) in Oct - my riding season is done until next April. As the title says - TOTALLY GUTTED...

cambo

Avid Rider
bummer to hear that tri-pod...I mean tri dude. Sorry, that's what the ladies call me...got confused for a sec. tee hee tee hee

just kidding, I'm asian so that is automatically a false statement. but I hope that made you laugh though. because if I were you, I would need somebody to make me laugh. to take a break from all the hulk smashing that would be going on right about now until the 10th of september...or 12th..whenever it is the shop said they'd be able to help you out.

I seriously hope the dealership you bought this bike from doesn't charge you to repair it. Good luck brotha

socal

that's horrible brother, but you're the only one its happened to so it must be a defect so should be covered

tri dude

bummer to hear that tri-pod...I mean tri dude. Sorry, that's what the ladies call me...got confused for a sec. tee hee tee hee

just kidding, I'm asian so that is automatically a false statement. but I hope that made you laugh though. because if I were you, I would need somebody to make me laugh. to take a break from all the hulk smashing that would be going on right about now until the 10th of september...or 12th..whenever it is the shop said they'd be able to help you out.

I seriously hope the dealership you bought this bike from doesn't charge you to repair it. Good luck brotha

Thanks for putting a smile on my face - too funny!!! Fingers crossed with the dealership eh!!!

tri dude

that's horrible brother, but you're the only one its happened to so it must be a defect so should be covered

Lets hope the the dealership look favourably on the issue and cover it under warranty. Will contact Yamaha direct if they give me a hard time, as a problem like this in under 3 months should be covered. We'll see...

Last edited:

n00b

Avid Rider
sorry to hear. Glad this hasn't happened to me... I'd have to remedy it by buying an fjr1300. Hey, it's not the cheapest way to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure it'll make me happy ;)

tri dude

sorry to hear. Glad this hasn't happened to me... I'd have to remedy it by buying an fjr1300. Hey, it's not the cheapest way to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure it'll make me happy ;)

Unfortunately it is, what it is... Can't afford to change the bike coz despite being a 2011 it is only 3 months old. Just tried using a strip of film negative to slide under the seal and slide around the fork just in case there was a bit of dirt trapped in there. Fingers crossed...

RoadKill

they need to order the parts NOW! most Yamaha parts are not readily available in my experience. try to get the ball rolling!

F3NIX

Ahh man that sux...Honestly I get to ride all year round for the most part. Living in AZ has its advantages if you can put up with 110* F during the summer :)

tri dude

Ahh man that sux...Honestly I get to ride all year round for the most part. Living in AZ has its advantages if you can put up with 110* F during the summer :)

So envious that you get to ride all year!!! Sounds like paradise...

TorontoAlex

I would very nicely ask the dealer if they could squeeze you in. Ask if they can work overtime to get it done. Its not like u crashed the bike. U did buy it new.

F3NIX

So envious that you get to ride all year!!! Sounds like paradise...

Not sure that its paradise when its 110 outside, but as long as you keep moving its not too bad. I use my camelpack when its hot out :)

I am originally from MN, so trust me I know what your going through. But in the winter you get to run your snowmobile :) Thats the only way I could get by. Still was a pain when everything is seasonal and you have to prep them all the time.

Move to AZ...I am looking to hire a new Install Tech :)

Hellgate

Before you wait several weeks, try the 35mm film solution. Find a strip of 35mm negatives, roll them around the slider, and up into the fork seal, pull back down, do several times. Sometimes all you need to do is pull out a small bit of dirt from under the fork seal. Of course you need to add more fork oil.

Try it, it beats the hell out of not riding.

tri dude

Before you wait several weeks, try the 35mm film solution. Find a strip of 35mm negatives, roll them around the slider, and up into the fork seal, pull back down, do several times. Sometimes all you need to do is pull out a small bit of dirt from under the fork seal. Of course you need to add more fork oil.

Try it, it beats the hell out of not riding.

Will giv it a go an se what happens. Thank for the tip

9 Lives

Not sure that its paradise when its 110 outside, but as long as you keep moving its not too bad. I use my camelpack when its hot out :)

I am originally from MN, so trust me I know what your going through. But in the winter you get to run your snowmobile :) Thats the only way I could get by. Still was a pain when everything is seasonal and you have to prep them all the time.

Move to AZ...I am looking to hire a new Install Tech :)

Yip, Bikes/quads in the summer and snowmobile in the winter, you got to have a hobby for both seasons living up here