to the guys who have done every power mod

compensation

Was it worth it?
What's your gains HP/tq/mpg?
What do you have invested in parts?
Did it give you any problems (starting, missing, idling etc)

I am saving up to buy a zx14 and people want me to put money in performance for this fz8. I like it the way it is and think moding the bike will only cause problems down the road. Just wanted your input. I have only changed the looks and tires, maybe a sprocket kit but that's about it.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
It's all on you man. If you WANT a ZX14 then don't touch the Zed, I've got mine tweaked full-on with the exception of major mechanical mods. I have the Graves Full exhaust, I've done the Airbox Mod changed filters(currently K&N going to BMC), removed my flies, dropped a tooth in the front and I'll probably go up 2 maybe even 3 in the rear by the end of the year. Point blank, I love the way my girl is evolving and don't plan to see her leave my stable, hell I'm even going to look into swapping on R1 engine upper assemply on just too see how involved it is. Personally I just love naked bikes and especially my Zed.

compensation

I hear ya. I won't be getting rid of mine any time soon. It never hurts to have a few bikes. I will sell the interceptor but not this one. What I am getting at by this new post is if I dump money into this bike, will it give me my moneys worth of enjoyment. I am guessing fuel economy doesn't change much and adding a super map might make it worse. I know within a week I am use to the project that I tuned.

Example; powerstroke got new intake, injectors, chip gained around 150-200 HP and now does a burnout at 30mph. Drove it 4 times and now I am over the excitement. But it had bad injectors taking the mpg from about 6-8 to 18city-24highway. Its paying itself off right now.

Example 2. Kawasaki Brute force, rejet both carbs, k&n, best full exhaust out there. Now it stutters under 1/3 throttle, and needs a burst of wot once every 10 seconds or it loads up. I have changed the jet kit settings 4 times and that's the best it runs and the spark plugs say they are happy.

The fz8 runs great now and one hickup the way I ride could put me in pucker mode. Have you noticed any quality issues in how the engine runs throughout the full spectrum?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Only that power wise she's still an 800 so when everyone I ride with is on Liter bikes with more mod than mine I'm workin a little harder. Other than that I'm ecstatic, she does try pulling the front wheel more often now but nothing crazy like standing straight up. Like I say, it's tough, I don't plan to get another for a good long while so for me it was worth it if you plan to get zx-nasty I'd probably leave her unmolested aside from maybe a slip-on and some cosmetics

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I don't think too much over the PCV is worth investing into unless you just really like the bike. i am in the "like the bike" group, so i probably will kick down for some new suspension, and get her to max streetable hp. i notice things like little hiccups and pops, but I think that is more due to my cut danmoto gp. it still popped on decel from time to time with the stock air system.

like I said, its only worth it if you love the bike. I can think of about 10 bikes that will easily pull harder in all aspects of riding, right out of the box. like the zx14.

master paper clip

I hve done all the mods minus te newly discovered cam mod and remove my flies, bike is rediculious it may not be crazy fast in top speed but it hauls ass like a mother effer up to 100, i dont regret doin them and i have ha zero problems because of my mods and im over 9000mi