Temp mock up of midship exhaust mod.

thach1130

It will fit!!!! the two bros shorty will fit with the center stand and the midship modification. Here's some mock up. Need to consult Marthy on what measurement which need to be made and what other angle of pictures to take to ensure proper fitment. So excited. Don't mind the paper towel covered can. I didn't want to scratch the crap out of it. I also bought the sound suppressor. I hope it will help a little bit if not a lot.

cambo

Avid Rider
1) where did you get the shorty two brothers?

2) did Marthy already modify your header to turn it into the midship?

3) If so, how much did it cost to ship your header to Marthy?

4) Why is your swingarm so dirty? ;)

you da man

Last edited:

Marthy

Looking good! Just to let you know... remember DJ. He tested my CF can on his FZ8 and he can pretty much melt and rip open. That was too much heat for the CF can mounted on the headers like that. I'll post a pic of the new Danmoto tri oval that I had custom made to fit the FZ6R and FZ8. Look good and sound sick!

Marthy

Here's the Danmoto tri oval can custom made for the mid ship set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

thach1130

1) where did you get the shorty two brothers?
Bought it on ebay.

2) did Marthy already modify your header to turn it into the midship?
No not yet, trying to do the measurement he needed before i ship it off to him

3) If so, how much did it cost to ship your header to Marthy?
Have no idea yet

4) Why is your swingarm so dirty? ;)
Been off roading. J/k the rear access to the basement ride through some lawn and mud and it's been raining lately. I hate it, Everytime i wash the bike i have to ride it to the front parking area and it gets dirty again.

you da man

Off topic: I have a hole with no bolt in it to the right of the oil check window. Is this suppose to have a bolt in it and i'm missing a bolt or is it okay like this? There's some oil stain to the right of that as well so i'll have to wash it, ride it and see if it comes back, cross my finger hope it's not some leak somewhere. Ugh.

TwoWheels

Anytime! Ship me your exhaust... LOL

Lol! Seriously, if I didn't live in Michigan you'd have my exhaust already! We only have a few month of GREAT driving weather, so I can't justify popping off my header for a few weeks... But trust me, as soon as it becomes time for me to put the bike away (because the weather won't let me try to be like b-eock), I'll be begging you to mod my exhaust. Viper can, Danmoto can, doesn't matter. They both look fantastic! It's funny, but seriously, I've already started my "Marthy" savings... Your midship and a JuiceBox or equivalent :):):)

TwoWheels

Off topic: I have a hole with no bolt in it to the right of the oil check window. Is this suppose to have a bolt in it and i'm missing a bolt or is it okay like this? There's some oil stain to the right of that as well so i'll have to wash it, ride it and see if it comes back, cross my finger hope it's not some leak somewhere. Ugh.

I just went out and checked, I don't have a bolt there either... But I also don't have any oil spray. My bike gets washed as often as I get laid (stolen joke), so my guess is I've never had oil sprayed / leaked there....

thach1130

Marthy midship modification with TB slipon keeping the centerstand

It's done!!! Took some nudging for it to fit but it is finally installed. Not as loud as i was expecting. Maybe a little more than the Yoshimura R77. Either case i installed the noise suppressor. So sexy now.

*Note for marthy. Outlet of header should be toward the left of the bike a little more. Then the whole exhaust will be able to shift toward the left a little bit allowing the exhaust to be angled more toward the right and allow the exhaust to be blasted away from the bike. As it current sit, the outlet of the exhaust almost blow exhaust to the tire.

Also exhaust could angle up a little more. With the exhaust rotated bulging side down, the can is smack by the center stand when raising center stand. With can properly rotated at 45 degrees angle, i have about 2mm clearance above the cross beam on the center stand.

Overall, awesome work by Marthy considering he doesn't own an FZ8. I hope he will consider getting one in the future.

Here's a before and after picture.

Last edited:

Marthy

Looking good there. Thanks for the guidelines, I will chech it out and improve it.

How does she ride now? Any sound clip?

thach1130

Looking good there. Thanks for the guidelines, I will check it out and improve it.

How does she ride now? Any sound clip?
Buttdyno say it picks up from a stop smoother with less hesitation. City speed the bike is louder than the Yoshimura R77 without baffle. It has an awesome harley rumble at idle. At highway speed 6th gear, 6000rpm, 75mph...no difference than with the R77. Wind noise overpower anything at that speed.

I'm a noob so i can't detect any other power increase.

Marthy

Buttdyno say it picks up from a stop smoother with less hesitation. City speed the bike is louder than the Yoshimura R77 without baffle. It has an awesome harley rumble at idle. At highway speed 6th gear, 6000rpm, 75mph...no difference than with the R77. Wind noise overpower anything at that speed.

I'm a noob so i can't detect any other power increase.

Did you set the acceleration pump?

thach1130

Did you set the acceleration pump?

No. The PCV manual said most bike already have some level of accel pump and the PCV setting will be addition to that. I didn't feel the need for that yet. But sound like more fun to be had with it on. As promised better quality picture and a sound clip. The crappy video taken by my powershot camera does not do the sound just. It's loud!!!! Without helmet it is pretty frightening.

Will do a drive by when i found someone who's willing to take the video.

thach1130

Here's the sound clip, rear and side. It's louder in person.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6SHeSuMOwk]FZ8 Custom exhaust modification - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJQi3gIbnyg]Exhaust 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

Great! I spend most of the day working on making a jig for the FZ8 exhaust. jow I need to try it out. Anyone within 1hr from West Palm Beach want to help out?