Tank Bags

FZER

Avid Rider
Hey I was wondering what tank bags you guys might be using. Pictures would be awesome too.

Thanks

lyric911

I'm using this tank bag from Nelson Rigg. You can see it on my bike in these pictures:

The sides normally don't squish in like that. It was empty and I had set something heavy on top of it just before the picture. It expands to double that size. With it expanded the speedo/tach are still visible. I love the bag. The solar unit is leaving something to be desired, but the bag itself is awesome.

Ott

I had the Ogio Super Mini tank bag on mine for a while, but I was not happy with the scratches that were developing (I believe a result of any tank bag). The Ogio was just the right size for gloves and a few accessories and didn't look like I had a steamer trunk on the tank.

Speedo007

Yeah tank bags and scratches usually go well together, specially on a black bike. I tend to do everything I can to avoid them as much as possible.

EZ RIDER

For this bike I would suggest a tail bag. Just as functional and no worries about scratches. I went with a set of Givi hard bags on my bike. Expensive but extremely functional and easily removed when not needed.

FZER

Avid Rider
Thanks a lot ya'll!!! Seriously, this is what I was talking about when I said we should all get together, because you guys are great.

H

Hoover

I use a "Swiss Army" backpack. It has multiple compartments, padded and vented back piece and straps. It holds enough for 2-3 days and is very comfortable. I have used backpacks for years and find them more user-friendly than tank/tail bags.

C

Camo

I'm also a big fan of the back pack! I had one of these until it was stolen!
R25 - Kriega
I've never owned a better bag! I'll be getting another one when for sure..

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I bought the Cortech set up, handy on long trips, fits good and tight and easy to remove.

Then i use the Ogio as a daily pack, i keep the buckles on permanently, the other Cortech tail bag sits over them when i use it and the saddlebags.

FZER

Avid Rider
No backpacks here, absolutely my least favorite thing to carry stuff in, especially during the summer.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey Black Widow, what did you do with rubber mat on the bottom of the Ogio tail bag? I have the same bag and would like to mount it like you did 'cause I scratched the hell out of the tail section.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I use a "Swiss Army" backpack. It has multiple compartments, padded and vented back piece and straps. It holds enough for 2-3 days and is very comfortable. I have used backpacks for years and find them more user-friendly than tank/tail bags.

I have used backpacks in the past also. Although, when its hot out, it makes your back pretty sweaty.

H

Hoover

The swiss army backpack has vents? Or are you referring to your jacket? :)

The S.A back back has a back piece and straps that are made of perforated, padded material. As my jacket is vented front and back, the air flows through my jacket and into the perforated backing. Last summer I rode across Chicago, North to South, which is a bitch of a slog, and never felt the pack heating me up.

FZER

Avid Rider
I don't know call me wierd, but I just don't like things in my pants pocket, hanging on my back, or really in my jacket, though I will stick my wallet in the inside pocket of my jacket sometimes. I do like the cortect set up with the three bags that's pretty awesome. I ended up ordering a firstgear expandable tankbag. I'm just concerned with the plastic front body work that the magnets aren't going to work.

D

Deleted member 438

I don't know call me wierd, but I just don't like things in my pants pocket, hanging on my back, or really in my jacket, though I will stick my wallet in the inside pocket of my jacket sometimes. I do like the cortect set up with the three bags that's pretty awesome. I ended up ordering a firstgear expandable tankbag. I'm just concerned with the plastic front body work that the magnets aren't going to work.

These bags don't touch your tank at all.
Tanks bag:
Bags-Connection "Engage" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System - BC.TRS.00.007.8000 : TwistedThrottle.com
Lock ring:
Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK EVO Bottom Tankring to Mount QUICK-LOCK Tankbags (Yamaha, Ducati, Triumph 5, Victory 5) - TRT.00.640.11000.B : TwistedThrottle.com

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Hey Black Widow, what did you do with rubber mat on the bottom of the Ogio tail bag? I have the same bag and would like to mount it like you did 'cause I scratched the hell out of the tail section.

I tucked in the corners of the pad so it doesn't touch the bodywork.

FZER

Avid Rider
Well I ended up getting the FirstGear Laguna GPS bag. The website I got it from said it was suppose to be 11" long, but it is more like 13." I think what I might do and this is all based upon how much room there is underneath the plastic bodywork/tank piece is glue some large washers under it so the magnets will work higher up. The GPS set up is really cool. Lots of wire holes. I guess pretty soon I'll actually know how fast I'm going.