tail decal?

FastZ8

I recently bought red tank and tail badges as well I just don't have pictures posted...I'd like to see your bike though...The badges I bought look somewhat Orange in the sunlight and I my try different ones if I can get a good look at some.

Mikz86ta

Old thread I know.....but I love those tail decals! I had same idea but lacked source. I bought a pair of the matching OEM Yamaha 2011 tank gold decals. Placed then on the tail fairings.

I'm interested in custom gold stripes for the OEM tire hugger that matches the wide-to-a-point design on my Luimoto seats.

Mikz86ta

Sure do. Maybe you can send me a sketch of what you're thinking?

Ahh ok sketch :)

Ok I tried. Pic attached. The outline is the top view of the rear stock hugger. The putter shadowy area is the designed curves that make the stock huggers shape with the one bolt the round dark spot. The inner area which is dark, is the stripe decal design. Simple horseshoe/ u-shape that points on rear edges and is wider at the front. Follows the inside curves of the hugger.
In gold that would closely match the stock 2011 FZ8 tank decal emblem.

Is that good?IMAG0752.jpg

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Ahh ok sketch :)

Ok I tried. Pic attached. The outline is the top view of the rear stock hugger. The putter shadowy area is the designed curves that make the stock huggers shape with the one bolt the round dark spot. The inner area which is dark, is the stripe decal design. Simple horseshoe/ u-shape that points on rear edges and is wider at the front. Follows the inside curves of the hugger.
In gold that would closely match the stock 2011 FZ8 tank decal emblem.

Is that good?View attachment 6018

Very Nice. Let me take off the hugger and see if i can fab up something tonight. Will send you some pictures when complete.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Any progress?

Holy crap the holidays eluded me. Apologies!

This looks really basic, but it took about 10 revisions to get right. If you didn't notice the rear hugger is actually asymmetrical, also had to trace the bolt cutout to make it easier to line-up.

Pardon the dirty hugger, bike has been garaged for the winter. :(

should look pretty sharp tucked under there.

Mikz86ta

Holy crap the holidays eluded me. Apologies!

This looks really basic, but it took about 10 revisions to get right. If you didn't notice the rear hugger is actually asymmetrical, also had to trace the bolt cutout to make it easier to line-up.

Pardon the dirty hugger, bike has been garaged for the winter. :(

should look pretty sharp tucked under there.

Awesome, looks like what I envisioned. U have PayPal? PM me ur info and I will send u mine. Thx