Syncing the Throttle bodies

RoadKill

Has anyone done this themselves yet? i just installed a K&N filter and even took the fuel tank off looked around and saw the four adjustment screws but didnt see where the hoses would connect to a meter.

Also was thinking about a JB-pro and it looked like it would be really hard to get to the connectors to install that. any tips?

ssky0078

On my Fz1, which shares the same engine as your 8, it was fairly easy.

I ordered a Morgan Carbtune which took about 2 weeks to get to me. That was easier albeit more expensive than making a manometer.

www.carbtune.com

You unhook the blocked off vacuum hoses and make sure attach them securely to the manometer. The trickiest part was having to repeatedly let the bike cool down between adjustments to keep the temp around 170 degrees.

Done on an Fz6 but smiliar concept, and you should be able to extrapolate from the service manual the differences.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmLwyAPMBLI]How to synchronize your throttle bodies. - YouTube[/ame]

I found my bike ran a lot smoother after I did it.

cambo

Avid Rider
On my Fz1, which shares the same engine as your 8, it was fairly easy.

I ordered a Morgan Carbtune which took about 2 weeks to get to me. That was easier albeit more expensive than making a manometer.

hey ssky, do you have to adjust the morgan carbtune before each use like you have to with the motion pro one?

DanS

Commuter
Has anyone done this themselves yet? i just installed a K&N filter and even took the fuel tank off looked around and saw the four adjustment screws but didnt see where the hoses would connect to a meter.

Also was thinking about a JB-pro and it looked like it would be really hard to get to the connectors to install that. any tips?
I did mine. It's a fairly easy task, chapter 3 page 9 of the service manual covers it pretty well. The hardest part was finding and disconnecting the vacuum hoses for TB's 1 & 3, it was buried and very hard to reach. I rerouted the hoses after I finished so they'll be easier to get ahold of next time. Throttle body sync hoses 1 & 3 connect to a common hose joint and 2 & 4 connect to a common joint.

cambo

Avid Rider
dude, DanS, I can't thank you enough man....big pictures, dummy proof labeling...exactly what this idiot caveman needs. :cheers:

DanS

Commuter
dude, DanS, I can't thank you enough man....big pictures, dummy proof labeling...exactly what this idiot caveman needs. :cheers:
No problem cambo. I had borrowed the gauges earlier in the week and was planning on doing it today anyhow, so when I saw this thread pop up last night I figured I'd take some pic's. It was easy to do and the bike is running smoother. Let me know if you have any questions when you do yours.

RoadKill

i havent gotten around to it yet but thanks for the pictures because i had no idea. this will help! now i have to wait on Yamaha to send my new 2013 forks so i can get my bike back from the shop.

DanS

Commuter
i havent gotten around to it yet but thanks for the pictures because i had no idea. this will help! now i have to wait on Yamaha to send my new 2013 forks so i can get my bike back from the shop.
You're welcome RoadKill, Hope you're back on the road soon!

cambo

Avid Rider
sweet, I just ordered one of those morgan carb tunes that Ssky recommended. can't wait to get this done

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
sweet, I just ordered one of those morgan carb tunes that Ssky recommended. can't wait to get this done

Let me know if you need help syncing tb, it really isn't too bad, but can get tricky

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

thach1130

Sweet, cambo bought a gauge. Can i borrow it when you're done? Or we could all meet up with Rabbitman for some beer and sync the throttle bodies

DanS

Commuter
Sounds like a synchronizing party :-D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Oh yeah! Beer, babes and throttle bodies! Sounds like a a hell of a party! cambo brings the sync tool, thatch brings the beer (real beer please, no fruity lime flavored stuff) and Rabbitman and tjfisher bring the girls. I've already sank or sync'd my throttle bodies so I will gladly accept the responsibility of monitoring the ladies and the bier :D

cambo

Avid Rider
For the record, Amanda, if you somehow see this, which I know you will, somehow...I will not look at any of the babes. I will only partake in beer and stare only at the babeom...I mean Manometer.

DanS

Commuter
For the record, Amanda, if you somehow see this, which I know you will, somehow...I will not look at any of the babes. I will only partake in beer and stare only at the babeom...I mean Manometer.
No worries Amanda we'll keep him out of trouble ;) no babeometer for cambo!