sw motech tailbag mounting

nath180

Hi guys. Im considering purchasing the sw motech tailbags for some weekend trips away. Can anyone confirm:

Is it possible to mount the strap under the pillion seat so a pillion doesnt sit on the strap?

When mounted, do the bags interfere with indicators fitted to a fender eliminator like the evotech one?

Nath.

desertdude

I have used the SW Motech bags on my bike(2011 FZ8). I never tried taking the rear seat off, putting on the bags, and trying to put the rear seat back on. I personally wouldn't buy them in the hopes you could do it. I dont think the rear seat would close properly. I can tell you that the saddlebags, or as you call them, tail bags, will rub against your paint(thats why they include the 3M plastic film) where they straps for each side stretch across and connect to each other via velcro. I used the plastic film on my tail section and it didn't affect the paint. Also, I have a Fender Eliminator utilizing the stock turn signals and the bags did touch them, and after a few 1000 miles I could see rub marks on my bags.

Maybe a guy on here with the bags can try to put the bags on and then the seat for you, and see if it will work. My guess is that it won't work.