Suicidal Turkeys

Btucker1420

I live in Charlotte so today before work i figured i would get a nice ride in before work so went out toward the county part of Concord NC was just riding down a little 2 lane back road when i 40 pound turkey decided he wanted to end his life with my front end i hit him going about 50 which DESTROYED the whole front end my headlight is completely gone it hit me so hard it snapped the head light brackets right off my front forks will need replacing as well my speedo was touching my bars but besides some blood an feathers over me i was fine an able to keep from dropping it so now i just have to deal with not going crazy from not riding for a few weeks hopefully getting all the parts what be hell, but with it being in the shop an the forks needing replacing really wanting to either get them powder coated or which ever way is to paint the fork or trying an do the fz1 swap would like the response on that if anyone has any advise on that or any other ideas while it in the shop in the whole front end is destroyed an needing replacing because if im spending the money might as well change a few things will post some pics if i can bring my self to look at it any more

Watch out for the suicidal turkeys ....

Btucker1420

Just came across the Ohlins Bitube fork spring package any feedback about those forks or any others would be greatly appreciated

C

Camo

Tough luck mate, guess the good thing is you're not hurt and you have dinner for tonight :p

I bought R1 forks yesterday and will be swapping the stock ones out in a fortnight, they're black and adjustable so you may what to look into that as an option.

H

Hoover

Scary shit dude.
I hit a pidgeon many years ago going about 120. It hit my mirror,thank f, then my shoulder. Dislocated shoulder and a face full of blood n feathers, but I too stayed upright.

C

calscrazy

glad your ok. craziest thing i ever hit was a snake crossing the road at night.
not sure if he tried to bite me. it was late and i tried to miss it but.....

Mo$4FZ8

I have hit Rabbits, Cats, Snakes, Birds and a Squirrel, on other bikes I have owned. Glad your OK, an Fn Turkey Damn! My Dads Friend got taken out by a deer on his Harley in Florida. Pretty Common I Hear. Check out that F1-R1 swap Pretty Sweet.

Speedo007

Glad your ok. I've seen some of those turkeys they can be quite big..
Now use this opportunity to get an FZ1-N headlight...