Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
The catch is that it won't be boosted, better heads, better flowing exhaust, let 'em spin up a bit harder but no boost, they say there's no room for a turbo, I say it's an excuse, we've got speed shops stuffin 'em in already. It's probably alright though, I'll just find a way to build a blower motor.

master paper clip

The catch is that it won't be boosted, better heads, better flowing exhaust, let 'em spin up a bit harder but no boost, they say there's no room for a turbo, I say it's an excuse, we've got speed shops stuffin 'em in already. It's probably alright though, I'll just find a way to build a blower motor.

What funny about them saying there is no room, is I think is was 2 weeks after it was released a Toyota racing team twin charged a Toyota ft-86

H

Hoover

I spent quite a bit of time under the hood. The engine is set very low as there is no front drive set up. It is also set quite a long way back, which is why it handles so well. I dont think that there is room for a turbo in Soobies current configurement.
However, I do think that a small belt driven supercharger is definately an option. They can be mounted either side, or in the middle, as long as it is in line with the pulleys.
Thing is, Subaru is known for their turbos so I doubt they will go that route. Good opportunity for the aftermarket guys I think.

W

WARPTH

I spent quite a bit of time under the hood. The engine is set very low as there is no front drive set up. It is also set quite a long way back, which is why it handles so well. I dont think that there is room for a turbo in Soobies current configurement.
However, I do think that a small belt driven supercharger is definately an option. They can be mounted either side, or in the middle, as long as it is in line with the pulleys.
Thing is, Subaru is known for their turbos so I doubt they will go that route. Good opportunity for the aftermarket guys I think.

they've actually announced a super charged version here in aus for the TOYOTA model which will be labelled as a TRD model. and also a turbo charged model for the SUBARU model which will be a STI version...

lance2448

A super charged, 2wd, 2 door Subaru? Lol, it's the exact opposite of their reputation.....

.....I think I still want one