started the mod addiction

Bajaedition

Started with the first few mods
put on my integrated taillight, motodynamic clear
got a tail tucker off Ebay with a led for 29 bucks, From Fenderelininators, do a search, had to supply my own mounting hardware as his was too short and I added my own bullet connectors in stead of his fold over type
I had my Noobtender mirror extenders on all ready and they are nice
put on a Targa tank bra
tomorrow will put on the Brakeaway cruise control, I was looking at it and think it will take a bit of fitting and fiddling but that's like most mods so I will leave it to the morning.

I like the rear end with the tail tidy,it fits right at the rear and I bent it a bit more than the original bend. The gauge of the metal is not to thick or thin. using my vice I got a good bend at the original break. it mounts on the original rear fender holes and the bolts supplied where about half an inch too short so I went to my hardware collection and grabbed a set of 1/4 20 nuts bolts washers and lock washers and it bolted up real nice, the LED is right on the top and interfere with a license plate frame but not just the license plate. Oh well no stupid saying on a frame. It also comes with a set of fold over connectors and I wanted to just plug it in to the original harness so it was over to the connector box and I found a set of bullets to put on and all was honky dory.

I can not say how nice the tail light is and really how easy it is to to install. I followed a link in the how to section here on the forum and found a explanation so I had everything ready to go, took me about 20 minutes and then I fiddled with the tail section getting it on, then routed the wiring a few different ways till I was satisfied and put the seats back on.
this is a great mod, on that will set the bike apart and it really is cheap considering, I found mine on Ebay for 79.99 shipped. Just let them know it is for a FZ8 so you get the taillight adapter, it comes with a connector for the FZ1 and I had to write them for the adapter. Delayed me one week from putting it in.

Noob sent me the beta edition of his mirror extenders and they are great. They are just 2 inches but that is all the difference in the world. The mirrors are moved to a place where you do not need to move the elbows to use them. They put the mirrors up higher and wider but when I brought the bike in for the 600 mile check up the mechanic did not even notice them. When I pointed them out he freaked and wanted a set for his bike.

The Tank Bra from Targa is really nice. I am a big guy and tend to sit right up on teh tank when the road gets twisty. and I had alread put a scratch in the paint. So not wanting one of those stick on protectors I got the Targa unit. I have run these on other bikes and really like them and the look. Plus if I need to change it I do not have to spend a few hours getting adhesive off the tank.

I will put up a few pictures after I mess with the cruise control tomorrow.

Future mods will be either the Givi or the Yamaha windscreen, I think I will go with the Yamaha and the engine bars. I have not yet decided if I am going get a set of bags yet as I want a small set of hard bags that lock but have not yet found any I like the looks of on this bike, I will also probably get the Yamaha rear seat eliminator.

oh yea got a kick stand puck for it, from JVPucks on Ebay nice large puck for this soft parking lots or when you are in gravel,has FZ8 printed on it and a small hole for a retaining string you can use to pick it up once you get on the bike.

well that is it for now:D

Last edited:

Bajaedition

the cruise control

tail tidied up with led tail light

Targa tank bra

My FZ8

Bajaedition

Real safe. When you pull the break it turns off.
Allmechanical, nut well developed
There is a video on you tube about it
I live 50 miles into the desert from the nearest town. I put a few miles on just putting down the freeway so it is a must have.

cambo

Avid Rider
that's the same cruise control that came on the v star I recently bought. it's awesome! I was a little weary of trying it out but it works well

Bajaedition

Cruise control would be awesome! Idk about $199 though, seems steep.
I thought it was steep also

then I thought

when you hit the brake it goes off

no other cruise control I have seen offers this feature

on my old cruise controls it is not this way, you have to turn it off by hand and sometimes that is a pain.like in a panic maneuver.

I also figure this is not a mass produced item as it has different specks for different bikes.

Got mine for 189 shipped on ebay.

grant696

I thought it was steep also

then I thought

when you hit the brake it goes off

no other cruise control I have seen offers this feature

on my old cruise controls it is not this way, you have to turn it off by hand and sometimes that is a pain.like in a panic maneuver.

I also figure this is not a mass produced item as it has different specks for different bikes.

Got mine for 189 shipped on ebay.

That is a great feature. I would like to have it because I hate when riding on the freeway, once you let off the throttle a little, it decelerates so quickly and the car behind you is now on top of you.