Sprockets what are my options

Ben1105

Been looking into sprockets and I haven't been able to figure out what size and teeth are stock and what I would be wanting to change to. Also how hard are they to install?

master paper clip

Been looking into sprockets and I haven't been able to figure out what size and teeth are stock and what I would be wanting to change to. Also how hard are they to install?

From what I hear -1 upfront and +2 in the rear make this thing a monster, and difficulty depends on your skill with a wrench, I find them easy to do.. I think stock front is 16 and the back I forget wanna say 46 but think that's a zx6r

Ben1105

Still new to working on bikes but I learn fast and so long as I don't need a stand I think I'll be fine.

H

Hoover

Buy a stand. You will not regret it. Pitbull makes a good one, so do many others.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
dropped to a 15 in the front, i just used the picnic table to work on and it was switched and back on the road in about 35. I'm ecstatic with the -1 in the front, I actually can't see the +2 int the rear with my winter plans but in my area I don't really get any hills so.....

chopstic

I was also thinking of changing the front sprocket, but I heard the aftermarket sprockets make a LOT of extra noise compared to stock. Are there any sprocket options out there that are quieter than stock?

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
between my airbox-mod and slip-on I haven't noticed any of the whistling of lore. not saying it's a myth but I'm of a mind that it's not so audible

chopstic

between my airbox-mod and slip-on I haven't noticed any of the whistling of lore. not saying it's a myth but I'm of a mind that it's not so audible
Do you mean that a louder airbox and exhaust drowned out the sprocket noise, or that the extra sprocket noise does not exist?

I'm still hoping that there will be an aftermarket sprocket option out there that is just as quiet as stock, or even quieter, than the stock setup.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I guess you'd say it's drowned out but my mods aren't all that loud,here again, I'm not good help anyhow because I like the whistle of bike drivetrains