Sprocket upgrade

Mac77

Hey guys,

I have a 2011 and it is completely stock at this point, I've done my research on the exhaust but am having trouble with sprockets.. I'm just not sure what to get... any help is appreciated!:D

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

everyone seems to be going one tooth down on the front with positive comments on it. im still yet to do it my self, just relaying the research ive found.

D

DJK1505

-1 up front
+2 in the back,

rear sprocket sold by vortex, and the front I can not remember. Great torque, but your top end it taken down to about 125. Fast enough, and pulls great.

DJ

Wieb27

-1 up front
+2 in the back,

rear sprocket sold by vortex, and the front I can not remember. Great torque, but your top end it taken down to about 125. Fast enough, and pulls great.

DJ

Maybe a dumb question but can you do this with the same amount of chain links as stock?

Mrpacis

-1 up front
+2 in the back,

DJ

Have your personally tried to hit 125 ? Because if that's the top speed of -1 +2. Then I think I'll be considering an upgrade.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Okay so lets say I went to my dealer today and ordered a 15t sprocket, how would I then, hypothetically of course, re-cal. my speedo

D

Deleted member 438

Okay so lets say I went to my dealer today and ordered a 15t sprocket, how would I then, hypothetically of course, re-cal. my speedo

AFAM makes the sprocket and you have to pick up a speedo DRD or speedo healer to fix the speedo. I got my stuff from Sprocket Center for a good price.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
So I just realized why my sprocket has been naggin at me, I ordered a GYTR.
Not sure why I saw 525 but I did, ended up bouncin over to sprocket center and ordered the right part. That said, anybody wantin to convert to 520, I've got a 15t comin I'll seperate with.

Glovik

I'm also curious about changing out sprockets. How much of a noticeable difference is it?

Glovik

Also, how much of a jump is it in your gear redlines? Right now , I redline first at 70mph, that's not kicked down to 45/50 is it? Anyone have some rough redlines that have the sprocket change?

I've been thinking about this change after seeing people talking about it giving you more acceleration a while ago, but always forget to ask the 411 on it. Someone make a grand master post full of juicy info please :)

W

WARPTH

^+1 for some info for what speed the bike redlines out at in 1st and 2nd gear at least!

D

DJK1505

I dont pay attention to it in 1st or 2nd redline. But top speed is somewhere around 125. Have my speedo calibrated as closeto my gps as possible, and have ran it out a few imes and each time i glance down its right around 125.

D

DJK1505

Massive difference!!!!!! And do the throttle pvc mod. Effin crazy difference!!!

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
DJ, any chance you can link me to an expl. on the pvc mod, my inability to operate the search function is becoming embarrasing

Lee_533

I am currently down one in the front and it makes a bit of a difference. It's not like jumping to an R1 but it does make a good enough difference. I am going 1 up in back when I find a 47t. Right now with -1 front, My speedo shows 150mph at 11,000 rpms. So I figure 1 up in back will drop that to around 140. I don't have a speedo healer so I'm probably only going around 130 ish.

Glovik

Thanks for the info guys! If any of you with the change are bored, go jump on the interstate or something and have some fun kissing that redline. I'm insanely curious on that, at least first and second! :)

Glovik

My redline in first is 70ish, and second is like 90 after the down 1 in front.

Awesome, thanks! So just a couple of mph per gear. I suppose we max about 140-145 stock so going down 15 wouldn't be that bad for a ton more acceleration which I use 10000x more. Not like I go over 125 that often but I do love to crouch down and floor 6th gear to the red on big open downhill highway bursts lol. Makes me feel like superman!