Sprocket Torque and Chain Rivet Flare

I'm doing a sprocket conversion and I wanted to double check a few things. Is the front sprocket nut torque really only 65 ftlbs? It just doesn't seem right given how much of a bitch the thing was to get off.

Also, any technique to re bending the little locking tabs on that?

Last question, I got a RK chain with the rivet master link and wanted to know what you guys flare the rivet to, I broke one while testing out the tool, they seem like there is no room for mistake and I can't find any suggested amount of flare. I want to make sure things don't go wrong on me at speed of course.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TheChrisOrand

I'm doing a sprocket conversion and I wanted to double check a few things. Is the front sprocket nut torque really only 65 ftlbs? It just doesn't seem right given how much of a bitch the thing was to get off.

Also, any technique to re bending the little locking tabs on that?

Last question, I got a RK chain with the rivet master link and wanted to know what you guys flare the rivet to, I broke one while testing out the tool, they seem like there is no room for mistake and I can't find any suggested amount of flare. I want to make sure things don't go wrong on me at speed of course.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
61 ft-lbs is the torque from the service manual and it says to apply loctite. The nut was tight because it tightens as you ride. For the dent just use a piece of shit flat head screw driver and put a dent in the keyway. Follow the directions on the loctite and you'll be fine. Btw the 6 rear sprocket nuts torque is 58 ft-lbs with loctite and the rear axle nut is 108 ft-lbs. Your chain should have 1 inch of slack but after a couple rides you'll have to adjust your chain again as it will stretch.

As of the chain issue I cannot help. Good luck!