Snakeskin tank grips
Ebay 5$ bar end mirrors
Yoshimura r-77 stainless slip-on
Entire exhaust line ceramic coated satin black
Evotech radiator guard
-1 front +2 rear sprocket
Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires
SW-MOTECH Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System

I think heated grips is next on the list.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i have to admit, i absolutely love the ceramic coated header. wish i had some disposable income!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Speedo, i ordered the Blaze saddlebag set up, my question is , can you run stock blinkers on the R&G tail tidy or will they interfere with the saddlebags? Or will i need shorter (narrower blinkers). I may end up leaving the stock tail set up on .

Speedo007

Here's the best image I have rear view. I put the tail tidy and Yamaha LED blinkers before I got the luggage. You might be ok with stock blinkers on tail tidy but I couldnt confirm 100%.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Is there a thread with your reveiw of the Blaze saddlebags on this site? How are they holding up, zippers ect.

TeleRob

Is there a thread with your reveiw of the Blaze saddlebags on this site? How are they holding up, zippers ect.

I bought hypo's post deer strike bags, and while having some road rash, they look pretty damn good. Also in the crash, the bracket had bent in on right side of the bike, and I just pulled on the bar to straighten it back out while it was attached on the bike. Those bars are really tough too. I cranked on it to get the thick steel bracket to move.

I'm super impressed with these bags.

they don't have a lot of use on the zippers, but the zippers have a good closed sturdy feel, unlike the Joe Rocket zipper on one of my jackets....

TeleRob

Speedo, are you still re-working your tank grip design? Do you use the whole height of the pad on the tank currently?

TeleRob

Not sure I understand what you mean by am I'm using the whole height of the pad?

I thought you were re-designing. I've been also trying different patterns and comparing with riding style (hang off vs stay in the seat corners), your knees may never get up that high to use the snakeskin near the top of the design if you don't hang off in the corners. Since I bought the sheet material.. It also leaves more left over for center design not to use it all on the tall pads on the sides.

Speedo007

My design is final. I have long legs so I pretty much use all the surface of the tank. I like to have the peace of mind of having the tank well protected as much as possible, even more so since I usually have black bikes you look at it for 1 minute and theres 10 new scratches...