Speedo Error

Mint

Hi all, Just wondering ...I have ordered a 15T sprocket for the front, sticking with stock rear for now....but was wondering from those that have done this, how much it knocked your speedo accuracy out. I changed the sprockets on my CBR6 -1F +2R and one day I was travelling 49km to work, the next 54km..lol. I worked out the CBR always read approx 10% higher than what I was actually doing...and I just put up with it , so when I sold it , Indicated mileage was a good bit higher than actual.....If It is out too much then I will buy a speedo healer, but just wondering what I can expect to see. Thanks Mint:)

D

DJK1505

its about 10% with both front and rear done. not sure about just the front. Another 75 bucks a speedodrd and your problems are solved!

DJ

D

Deleted member 438

I forgot how much it was exactly, but I think it was like 12-14%. It is already off a bit from the factory.

F

Fazed

Mine was 7.7% off from factory. I have a speedoDRD now and it's spot on. I have the standard gearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mint

Thanks guys,that sounds like enough of difference that I would want to fix it and by what I can tell "speedodrd" is the speedo fixer of choice.... :)

D

Deleted member 438

Thanks guys,that sounds like enough of difference that I would want to fix it and by what I can tell "speedodrd" is the speedo fixer of choice.... :)

Great product, a better value than speedo healer, and great customer service. The first time they sent me one it was misdelivered by the postal service, and without hesitation they sent one out again via Fedex. Eventually, the original package showed after a couple of weeks, I rang them, and they emailed me a return label.

firstgendsm

I am also thinking about going -1 in the front and leaving the rear stock...let me know how you like it. I did the same on my 07 GSXR750 (1- f and -2in rear) and I loved it really woke the bike up.

F

Fazed

I like it because it is great value and the device is tiny. motomummy.com have them on sale too at the moment.

Mint

I like it because it is great value and the device is tiny. motomummy.com have them on sale too at the moment.

Thanks Neil, that was going to be my next question....Speedodrd is now ordered...could find the actual unit cheaper, but postage was higher, so went with motomummy. Hopefully it will get here around the same time as the sprocket. Now I really need to stop buying addons for the Fz....I saved $3500 off the new price (only paid $9500) when I bought it during a Yamaha run out, but I have nearly spent that on bits n bobs, and I have an ever increasing pile of OEM parts that have been swapped or removed. :D

D

DJK1505

Great product, a better value than speedo healer, and great customer service. The first time they sent me one it was misdelivered by the postal service, and without hesitation they sent one out again via Fedex. Eventually, the original package showed after a couple of weeks, I rang them, and they emailed me a return label.

Thats awesome you called them when the first one finally showed up. Most people would have just kept it or sold it themselves. Here's to ya mate!!!!!!!:iconbeer:

Blanchy

You might want to check by GPS exactly how out the Odometer and the Speedometer are. My Fz1 was from memory 8.6% out on speedometer but only 4.5% out on odometer. Test with GPS on as straight a piece of road you can find. Then alter according to which one you want most accurate.

H

Hoover

Thats awesome you called them when the first one finally showed up. Most people would have just kept it or sold it themselves. Here's to ya mate!!!!!!!:iconbeer:

Pffft, If I had a buddy, say, that lived just across the state line from me and provided me with cases of some awesome beer, that I couldn't buy in my shitty state, I'd have kept it and given it to him...just saying, that's all :p ;)

D

Deleted member 438

Pffft, If I had a buddy, say, that lived just across the state line from me and provided me with cases of some awesome beer, that I couldn't buy in my shitty state, I'd have kept it and given it to him...just saying, that's all :p ;)

Haha! You'd have to question your buddy's integrity if he had done something like that, though. I do have an extra flasher relay you could have cause I thought we had two on the bike.

H

Hoover

Haha! You'd have to question your buddy's integrity if he had done something like that, though. I do have an extra flasher relay you could have cause I thought we had two on the bike.

I have 2 as well :D

eru000

Thanks Neil, that was going to be my next question....Speedodrd is now ordered...could find the actual unit cheaper, but postage was higher, so went with motomummy. Hopefully it will get here around the same time as the sprocket. Now I really need to stop buying addons for the Fz....I saved $3500 off the new price (only paid $9500) when I bought it during a Yamaha run out, but I have nearly spent that on bits n bobs, and I have an ever increasing pile of OEM parts that have been swapped or removed. :D

Tell me about it! It's an addiction.

Tix

Slightly diff. Speedo question:

Last night my GF was following me home. On the highway, my 8 reported 80MPH.
Her car reported 75mph.

The fact that I had an officer behind me at one point while doing "80" and he didn't signal for me to pull over makes me believe her car was closer to our actual speed. That, or maybe I was just lucky.

Does anyone know if our Speedo (with stock tires, sprockets, etc...) is rated higher than norm?

eru000

Her car reported 75mph.

The fact that I had an officer behind me at one point while doing "80" and he didn't signal for me to pull over makes me believe her car was closer to our actual speed. That, or maybe I was just lucky.

Does anyone know if our Speedo (with stock tires, sprockets, etc...) is rated higher than norm?

I checked my speedo with a GPS while doing exactly 80. Reported as 74 on the GPS. I just bought the SpeedoDRD. Hopefully should fix. Motorcycle speedos (and some cars) are notoriously incorrect (usually over what you are actually travelling).

DanS

Commuter

Her car reported 75mph.

I checked my speedo with a GPS while doing exactly 80. Reported as 74 on the GPS. I just bought the SpeedoDRD. Hopefully should fix. Motorcycle speedos (and some cars) are notoriously incorrect (usually over what you are actually travelling).
I use the SpeedoDRD also mine was off about 8% higher than actual. I think sport bike manufacturers do it on purpose to make us think we're going faster than we really are. My previous 2 Suzuki's were the same way.