so here it is, my update!

07cobaltLScoupe

so here my '12 FZ8 currently sits at 550 miles and i'm starting to get ready to do her first oil change and 600 mile service... (i need to figure out what oil i'm gonna decide to run but that's where the forum comes in handy to read different threads :))

MODS

Evotech Performance fender eliminator
Danmoto XG-1 exhaust
Shogun frame sliders
Black/Gold Yamaha gel tank decals and Pro-Grip tank pad

and finally a pic!

07cobaltLScoupe

i love the sound and tone from it but i will admit it may be a little too loud. my thoughts right now are to keep it on for short rides and stuff but if i'm gonna go out for a day cruise or a lot of highway i'll probably throw the stock exhaust back on quick. to get an idea of how it sounds just unbolt your stock exhaust and fire the bike up, it's pretty much as open exhaust as you can get without being open exhaust haha

FZ8Ryder

Hahaha so you're saying that if you wanted that sound out of your bike it would have been cheaper to just remove the exhaust? I thought I heard something about there being optional inserts for the danmoto exhaust that you can get?

RoadKill

i love the sound and tone from it but i will admit it may be a little too loud. my thoughts right now are to keep it on for short rides and stuff but if i'm gonna go out for a day cruise or a lot of highway i'll probably throw the stock exhaust back on quick. to get an idea of how it sounds just unbolt your stock exhaust and fire the bike up, it's pretty much as open exhaust as you can get without being open exhaust haha

don't you use ear plugs anyway? the wind at highway speeds will have my ears ringing for days if i dont use em.

07cobaltLScoupe

Hahaha so you're saying that if you wanted that sound out of your bike it would have been cheaper to just remove the exhaust? I thought I heard something about there being optional inserts for the danmoto exhaust that you can get?

well for $125 the danmoto makes it look like you have an exhaust rather than just an open exit, now there is some (and i mean only some) baffling on the inside but the danmoto optional baffles do not fit the XG-1

don't you use ear plugs anyway? the wind at highway speeds will have my ears ringing for days if i dont use em.

nah i don't use ear plugs or anything, and truthfully at highway speeds with this exhaust you don't even hear the wind haha why i'm considering going back and forth between the XG-1 and the stock exhaust for longer day/highway rides

Looks quiet ;)

haha i finally passed 600 miles yesterday and was able to open it up a little more and OMG does this thing sound gnarly as hell up-shifting above 6k lmao

07cobaltLScoupe

well i just did my first service today after work with 610 miles on the clock. i decided to go with Castrol Act>evo X-tra 4T 10w-40 semi-synthetic and a K&N oil filter. the reviews seem pretty damn good so i figured i'd give it a try and i wanted to stay with a dedicated motorcycle oil and also didn't want to jump right to full synthetic so that swayed my decision. when i get a couple more miles on her i'll post up a review