single swing arm

medivh66

Pillion
I noticed triumph speed triple single swing arms are on ebay from 250 - 375. What are the chances this would fit on a fz8. There has to be some ambtitious person here that wants to attempt it.

VDCOFF

I wouldn't, putting another bikes swing arm on, if it fit, would more than likely throw off the geometry of the FZ8...which in turn you would sacrifice handling to gain looks...I wouldn;t do it

SeñorJack

El Guapo
not too many people want to do this realistically. Unless anyone is super clean with their TIG welds, ita too risky. I mean, messing up geaometry aside, you still would have to weld in the receptor for the swingarm. then start cutting and welding until the shock lines up. then the leverage will probably be pff from stock so you will have to find a new spring to compensate.

Long story ahort, if you could do it yourself, you wouldnt be on this forum. and if you were, itd probably be to offer fabrication services.

Check out Roaring Toyz. I believe they make ones that are extended, and I THINK they make one for the fz1. could be way wrong on that sorry