Side Marker Lights!

HarryT

Side Signal/Marker Lights!

Fabricated some side signal/marker light brackets for the rear exhaust/footpeg mounts...

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg

Last edited:

npeifer2308

Defiantly cool and different. You planning on using them as your only rear indicators? or just as a secondary/auxiliary markers? Also, way to think outside the box!

HarryT

Thanks! I'm comfortable with them and the integrated tail light. They're pretty bright and give good visibility from the side. My cone exhaust is extremely light and is solidly attached to the mid-pipe, so it really wasn't necessary to strap/hang it. Plus, it detracted from the look... and, I don't ride 2-up. Sooooo, what to do with the mounts? I could have done a cut/grind/paint job for a clean look, but I decided to put them to use instead. It was a fairly easy and economical mod. Figured it may give others some ideas...

HarryT

I think I will try this out with some more LEDs. What wires did you connect too? I have front and rear ground wires open, also I have an integrated tail light.

Basically, I bought a connector splitter and some Nippon Tanshi (NT-040) connectors for the LED wires. I came right off the stock grey and black signal connectors. To keep things clean, I routed the excess wires/connectors to the LEDs under the loom and tip-over module behind the battery. It came out looking really neat/stock.