Short rider needs help!

davefromidaho

Hey I am moving up from a 2009 Ninja 250r and I was curious what you guys think of the seat height on the 2011 or 2012 FZ8. I love the looks of it online but I live in Idaho so not too many options of just going out and sitting on one. I am fairly short at 5'3" - 5'4" and did fine with the Ninja but I want more of a bike. Any input would be great. Thanks!:D

highoctane

Canyon Carver
No help here, I'm 6' 225 Where in Idaho? Downhomemoto is in boise area he might could help you out or if your ever in salt lake area....

davefromidaho

I am in northern Idaho. I am going to Seattle this weekend and might have time to stop somewhere over there. I just don't want to get my hopes up to high for this bike and then it not fit me at all.

V

Vapordan

This bike won't do for you. It's too heavy for one foot tip toes which is where you would be at 5' 3. If you are expert level, sit height won't matter.

H

Hoover

My wife is 5'3" and cannot touch the ground safetly on mine.

EZ RIDER

My girlfriend is 5'5 and she is on her tippy toes on my bike. At 470lbs the bike can be hard to hold up if leaned over to far and then you run the risk of dropping it. That being said check and see if there is a lowering hit out there for the bike. Or better yet check out the FZ6R, that is probably a better buy for you.

davefromidaho

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will still go check it out and maybe look at other bikes at the dealership. I might have to invest in some platform shoes...:eek:

Tatu

I am barely comfortable on mine at 5'8 but try searching FZ8 lowering links and you will find up to a 4 inch drop for the bike. Just remember you will lose some of its handling abilities when this is done.

lyric911

It's not a huge difference, but Top Sellerie makes a low version of the seat that lowers the seat height by 3cm.

Crazywb23

You can buy a lowering dog-bone for our bikes that will lower the ride height by 2"... But i'm sure everyone knew this.

davefromidaho

Yea I will have to look into a lowering link for it. I love the looks of the FZ8 and the sound. I don't want to go back to the 250r and its lawnmower engine...

Tastypotato

5' 4"

I am five feet and four inches tall. I have had no problems handling my fz8. Just get used to putting one foot down at stops and never break to hard in low speed turns and you shout be alright. The tallest bike I have ridden was a Husqvarna 630 sms I actually had to hang off of one side of the bike to get one of my toes down. Riding tall bikes is not a big deal even if you have bad balance just be quick in shifting your feet from one side to the other.

BIGpanda

I'm 5,8 and can only flat foot when I have one foot down, I feel fine. I can lean this bike over way further than my old one and still pick it back up, but I'm also #210 and hit the gym on the reg.

SGT_Bama

About 2 days ago i ended up having to lower my bike so my 4"10 wife was able to get onto it without a stool. Like always it does ride alot different from the stock height but other than the 200 i had to spend,and 3 socket wrenches (Ended up forking out the cash for a craftsmen after going through my cheap ones) It was a great investment, the total height drop was around 4-5in and had to also replace the Kickstand, if want pics just let me know and ill help ya with a walk through if interested! :confused: