Sena Bluetooth On Sale

MotoZen

I have the smh-5 and love it. I use it for music and GPS all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I wonder if that's because the SMH20 is coming out soon? The preorder shows 10% off on that page. That's the one I want. Does anyone know if they are backwards compatible with other SENA headsets? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

tzortn

Pillion
I bought my Sena SMH10R in July for the same price. It looks like Revzilla posted MSRP prices to make it look like they are offering a special deal, but they really did not drop the price.

In any case I found it that Revzilla has great customer service and my Sena has been awesome.

MotoZen

I bought my Sena SMH10R in July for the same price. It looks like Revzilla posted MSRP prices to make it look like they are offering a special deal, but they really did not drop the price.

In any case I found it that Revzilla has great customer service and my Sena has been awesome.

I use revzilla for almost all of my gear. I live just outside of Philly (their home base) so they pay my sales tax, their prices are almost always the lowest, great customer support, and because I'm so close, standard shipping usually gets to me the next day.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

thach1130

I use revzilla for almost all of my gear. I live just outside of Philly (their home base) so they pay my sales tax, their prices are almost always the lowest, great customer support, and because I'm so close, standard shipping usually gets to me the next day.

Not quite, i've alway shopped between revzilla and competition accessories (compacc). Compacc have comparable prices to revzilla and will price match revzilla price (likewise for revzilla, rezilla will price match compacc), but you have to make a call. Compacc gives higher cash back value for purchases, so the better deal is compacc because you get the same price (if both stock the item) and compacc will give you larger cash back bonus for next purchases. Revzilla does have larger selection of gear, nicer website and better user review section.

I'm curious about the tax thing. If you live in PA you should be charged tax because sale tax applies to purchases made within state where they have a store or distribution center. So even if you live outside of Philly (if in PA), you should be charged tax. Are you within PA? At least enjoy it while it last because the government is not happy about not getting in on this interstate online purchase thing. Many laws are in the pipeline to change this. Not only does uncle sam want in on the profit but it is also due to brick and mortar stores like best buy that feels online sellers like amazon have the upper hand for not charging tax to out of state buyer.

MotoZen

Not quite, i've alway shopped between revzilla and competition accessories (compacc). Compacc have comparable prices to revzilla and will price match revzilla price (likewise for revzilla, rezilla will price match compacc), but you have to make a call. Compacc gives higher cash back value for purchases, so the better deal is compacc because you get the same price (if both stock the item) and compacc will give you larger cash back bonus for next purchases. Revzilla does have larger selection of gear, nicer website and better user review section.

I'm curious about the tax thing. If you live in PA you should be charged tax because sale tax applies to purchases made within state where they have a store or distribution center. So even if you live outside of Philly (if in PA), you should be charged tax. Are you within PA? At least enjoy it while it last because the government is not happy about not getting in on this interstate online purchase thing. Many laws are in the pipeline to change this. Not only does uncle sam want in on the profit but it is also due to brick and mortar stores like best buy that feels online sellers like amazon have the upper hand for not charging tax to out of state buyer.

I've never even seen compacc come up on a Google search, so I've never heard of them. I'll give them a look-see.

I also like that Revzilla is so close to me that shipping is almost always extremely quick (often next day) and they have great shipping and return policies. Their customer support people are generally the most helpful I've ever personally used.

It is my understanding that they are paying the sales tax for anyone buying in PA (including in the retail store).

DSmith

I've never even seen compacc come up on a Google search, so I've never heard of them. I'll give them a look-see.

I also like that Revzilla is so close to me that shipping is almost always extremely quick (often next day) and they have great shipping and return policies. Their customer support people are generally the most helpful I've ever personally used.

It is my understanding that they are paying the sales tax for anyone buying in PA (including in the retail store).

I believe revzilla pays your sales tax no matter what state you're in. Im in MA and ive never been charged sales tax.

MotoZen

I'm not sure exactly how the laws are written, but you only pay sales tax if you're physically located in the same state as the retailer. So, since Revzilla and myself are both in PA, I have to pay sales tax. However, since Dennis Kirk is somewhere in the Midwest, I don't have to pay sales tax from them.

SkooterG

I've been wanting an SMH10 for a while now. I was just about to finally pull the trigger on on the dual set but now Sena is coming out with their new model, the 20S, sometime early next year. Looks nice. Guess I am waiting a bit longer.