Seller tips?

Phlatsphere

Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advice. Im trying to sell my 2011 FZ8, and I cant seem to get any interest... Im asking 4500, which is under book for a bike with such low miles, I'd even take 4k for it, and have alluded to making deals in all of my postings. I STILL cant seem to get any bites, not even any offers. Detailed pics, good writeups of all of the maintenance and parts with the bike, and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing to move this bike?

Bagman

Why buy an Fz8? Fz-07 and fz-09 are out, along with a host of other manufacturer options that have jumped on the naked bike band-wagaon. It's also a little late to catch the beginning-of-season rush to buy motorcycles. Now we're into the slump until late summer/fall where people sell off/buy again. Right now, you're stuck lowering the price to a point where someone would buy... and a smart person would buy low and sell it later high making money for themselves.

Phlatsphere

I've been trying to sell it for months already. I understand that it sits in a sweet spot between 2 possibly better bikes, but I thought I'd still have better luck than this...

TheCommand

Honestly its 50/50 luck and finding the right buyer. I just sold my 2011 with 25k km (15k miles) for $6300 CAD ($4700 USD) and then the weekend after I bought a 2013 with 2500km (1550 miles) for $5500 CAD ($4000 USD). I've been watching what a couple have sold for around here (N.S., Canada) and they seem to be about $3700 - 6500 CAD ($2700 - 4800 USD) depending on milage, although that $6500 CAD ($4800 USD) is a dealer selling a used model so there is probably a fairly large dealer markup on that price.