seats

Black Widow

Avid Rider
If you don't double much, you will save just getting the front seat. In hind site i never should have got the passenger seat, riding double on the 8 is very uncomfortable for me.

C

Camo

I pick my eldest boy (9) up from school on the 8 once a blue moon...outside of that its a one seater.

F

Fazed

If you don't double much, you will save just getting the front seat. In hind site i never should have got the passenger seat, riding double on the 8 is very uncomfortable for me.

Would you be interested in selling the passenger seat? I don't have a problem with the stock seat but the wife complains about the pillion seat being uncomfortable.

I could offer you 2 kroff dinners for it.

But seriously if your interested PM me with a piccy of it and I'll run it past the wife. Just depends as hopefully she will be getting her own bike soon.

W

WARPTH

These give extra comfort, Custom Top Sellerie with Gel option. Have the passenger seat , never installed it.

aaahhhhhh, now i understand yamaha's logic with the factory rear fender!
#why did i never think of that?!

H

Hoover

Is that a full seat swap mate? I have the Top Sellerie covers, which look great, but are not as plush or as good fitting as yours.
They were cheap though!

C

Camo

That looks great Lyric. Bet your ass has way more respect for you now... A 3 hour stint on that looks like it'd be comfy as fark

sinclap2

Lazy
I like my air hawk 2 for comfort, for longer rides. It looks a bit dicky when it is on (as it isn't an individually fitted seat cover/cushion), but it saved my arse when I that 600k's recently. You throw it on, adjust the amount of air in it and you're ready! When you're done with the longer rides, you can remove it and stow it.
I think it was about $120-130 (AU$)?

[Edit: By the way, I was only recommending this a cheap alternative to sellerie seat swap. I would love to get a sellerie seat, but I can't justify it at the mo.]

Last edited:

lyric911

Is that a full seat swap mate? I have the Top Sellerie covers, which look great, but are not as plush or as good fitting as yours.
They were cheap though!

Yeah, it's the full seat. It was about $460 shipped using a new seat pan. I wanted to keep my stock seat intact. I figured when I sell the bike I could sell the seat separately.

That looks great Lyric. Bet your ass has way more respect for you now... A 3 hour stint on that looks like it'd be comfy as fark

I did a 7 hour ride and then an 8.5ish hour ride (in the rain). I doubt I'd have been able to walk with the stock seat after either. Can't recommend this seat enough. I got the long version, with gel front and rear.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Yep, mine too is the long seat with both gel option. They provided the pans so i could keep riding while they made the seats. Found my reciept it was $485 CDN shipped.