Season done

H

Hoover

Due to my ongoing "gimp issue", riding has been challenging, to say the least. So, reluctantly put the 8 away today for the winter.
Squeezed 2oz of Stabil in the tank, filled it to the top, checked tire pressures and rode it to the storage shed.
I lay cardboard and a tarp down to keep it off the cold concrete. Up on the pitbull and lubed the chain. Pulled the battery out, a quick wipe down and covered.
Hopefully by spring, I will be healed enough to ride properly again. If not, then I may consider selling it.
Time will tell I guess.

C

Camo

Faaaark, dark days. Dark days indeed... Neck up you f%#king parrot! You'll be fine and you'll be on the bike for years to come!

Turn off that death-star music and get some positive juice on the rocks into ya ;)

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Gonna try and get out tomorrow and burn me some sta-bil, weather here in Utah is holding up well. Only 1 big snow storm so far and then warmed back up.
So far we have had great weather here for oct-nov unusual but glad!

H

Hoover

Faaaark, dark days. Dark days indeed... Neck up you f%#king parrot! You'll be fine and you'll be on the bike for years to come!

Turn off that death-star music and get some positive juice on the rocks into ya ;)

Got my vodka on the rocks mate...does that count? :iconbeer:

D

Deleted member 438

I had to have my buddy come by and take it to his garage =(. It's gonna be 63 degrees today and I can't ride.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey Hoover, what days are you gonna be down here?

RnR

I don't know you Hoover, but to me you are one of the core guys on this site. :tup: All the best to you and I'll drink to your riding days to come. :cheers:

D

DJK1505

I think I am about to have to put mine up for the season as well. Did get out yesterday and finally tested the new front suspension, but I only rode about 45 miles or so. Not a true test but was nice to get out on it. Think that will be the last ride of the season.

There is always next season!!!!!!

I like the idea of putting cardboard and a tarp down below the bike. Never thought of trying to block out some of the cold temps from the concrete. Thanks mate, will be putting mine up this weekend and will prob use your idea of laying down a barrier.

You pull your battery? Do you put it on a tender all winter? I have a tender wired in, I was just going to plug it in and call it a day. Any other reason you like pulling your battery?

DJ

H

Hoover

DJ, mine is in a storage shed away from my house. I just take out the battery and store it in my spare room. Last year I didnt even have to charge it in the spring.

D

DJK1505

Right on, mine is going on the outside edge of my garage, will prob steal your idea of the cardboard and put that up against the outer wall and floor. Thanks again!

Take care of that foot!!!!!!!

DJ

H

Hoover

Right on, mine is going on the outside edge of my garage, will prob steal your idea of the cardboard and put that up against the outer wall and floor. Thanks again!

Take care of that foot!!!!!!!

DJ

Spinal nerve blockade injected yesterday. Dont remember a thing, was put out for the procedure.
Today, some of the pain has definately lessened. Thats a good sign. It appears I may have to have 3 of these bad boys. Feel like I got kicked by a mule though.
Hopefully this is the fix.
Normal drinking will resume as soon as possible.

shredz87

Hope you feel better man! On a side note, i'm so happy I live here in Phoenix, AZ where if you can take the heat, riding season is realistically all year long, FTW!

C

Camo

Spinal nerve blockade injected yesterday. Dont remember a thing, was put out for the procedure.
Today, some of the pain has definately lessened. Thats a good sign. It appears I may have to have 3 of these bad boys. Feel like I got kicked by a mule though.

Good to hear mate.
I'm sure you weren't kicked by a mule, it's just the reflection in the mirror resembling an ass :p

highoctane

Canyon Carver

:iconbeer::cheers: It hasnt resumed yet? jesus christ!

master paper clip

I hate winter so much, I didn't get enough time on my bike... luckily I got it sitting in my kitchen so its not out in the cold all winter.. maybe some imaginary rides if I get desperate :)