Rusty Gas Tank

C

Camo

Good to hear they're looking after you. Just thought I'd add when filling my bike up earlier today, I noticed that the ring or circle where you put the fuel pump into has rust around it...I've never seen that before?

Speedo007

I've seen rust appear in my 2009 Speed Triple during the first season. What all manufacturers should do is coat the tank interiors, that would make them last for ever.

Speedo007

Derusting can be done for 50$ or less (I just love Evapo-rust, super efficient and safe for the environment, not like those nasty acids and stuff and on top of that its reusable) They even sell kits like a ceramic coating you pour in the tank so it never rusts again. But really unless its really rusty, you have nothing to worry about. Just try to keep it full as much as possible when you're not using the bike. And you can use any rust remover on a rag to remove the rust on the ring outside the tank..

Last edited:

Speedo007

I think I missed the original post, I noticed rust on the tank bracket too very early, I shot some WD-40 on that area, havent checked back, but I will this spring...

ibeme1

The quality of the paint finish of my White FZ on the Rear Seat unit (plastic) is dire, also on the Front plastic cover in front of the tank.

Not quite the same colour darker shade of White, Orange peel effect, and dull as if the skimped on the clear coat.

Any one else have the safe finish.

Ride Safe

Sorry to hear that.....my black FZ8 could not be any better...it looks awesome.