Roadtrip/Guhl's ECU Flash Review

schmittz

So rather than send my ecu to Guhl, and have my bike down for a few days, I decided to ride there instead, and turn it into the first leg of an almost 1,000 mile roadtrip.
Five miles into the trip, I caught a nail in the rear tire and had to limp it to a shop. Paid $120 for a dunlop q3. Then I was on my way!

I missed the shop closing by ten minutes on thursday, so I crashed at a motel down the street.

The next morning I went to Guhl's. It was reflashed in around an hour. The guys there are awesome.

Ok so now for my review. Since the reflash on friday, I put an additional 750 or so miles on the bike. Its not that the bike feels all that more powerful, just mor refined, almost like that was how the bike should've came from the factory. Gas milage actually increased, I went from getting around 120-128 miles per tank to a little over 150 miles. (Not a big increase, but still.) the bike feels a whole lot smoother, and that "lag" in the lower rpm's is pretty much gone. Total price was $275, and that includes additional tunes for free.

Rotaryknight

how are you getting 120miles a tank :O
Throttle happy there hahaha

I was thinking of getting Guhls or Turbojoe ecu flash. I need to research more into them. I havent heard anything bad about either one.

Must suck riding 5 miles out and getting a nail in the tire. I got a nail in my tire going to get the inspection done on the bike. I was 50 feet away from my house when I hear a swish sound, stopped to see what it is and a nail....and it was raining hard that day.

schmittz

how are you getting 120miles a tank :O
Throttle happy there hahaha

I was thinking of getting Guhls or Turbojoe ecu flash. I need to research more into them. I havent heard anything bad about either one.

Must suck riding 5 miles out and getting a nail in the tire. I got a nail in my tire going to get the inspection done on the bike. I was 50 feet away from my house when I hear a swish sound, stopped to see what it is and a nail....and it was raining hard that day.

Yeah, I have crap luck when it comes to motorcycle tires, on my third rear tire currently, about to replace the oem front tire next week with a q3.

schmittz

Almost 2 years later and it's still great. Bike is currently at 12,500 miles. It'll whoop a fz7 and hold up against a stock fz9. Out of all the mods I've done to the bike, the guhl tune is possibly the best(maybe tied with adjustable rearsets).

97audia4

Almost 2 years later and it's still great. Bike is currently at 12,500 miles. It'll whoop a fz7 and hold up against a stock fz9. Out of all the mods I've done to the bike, the guhl tune is possibly the best(maybe tied with adjustable rearsets).

time to get Andreani forks and penske rear shock

get out to NYST track day and really put those q3's to work