Rizoma style CNC knock offs - rear view mirrors

Genno

Hi all, ordered some mirrors a week ago from China. Just arrived today, including postage these cost £26.

All parts CNC aluminimum, bolts are poor quality but otherwise perfect.

Will be fitted when weather improves for a review if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 298

Flip

Damn they do look just like the rizomas except no ugly part number on them like the rizomas, where did you order them from? Looks like good quality at 1/8 the price

spudrees

Damn they do look just like the rizomas except no ugly part number on them like the rizomas, where did you order them from? Looks like good quality at 1/8 the price

I've had these on my GSR-750 and YZF and they are really good except for the cheap bolts that rusted after the first time they got wet lol

Genno

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310910613005

That's the item I got. I am a bit worried about the bolts rusting. I might take them out and replace before fitting with some decent ones, or lacquer them in clear plasti coat or something when adjusted and fitted - hanks for the heads up.

For £26 a bargain. I got these ones as they are the same style as rizomas but just a tiny bit wider in he middle (which gives a bit more mirror real estate and hopefully will suit the fz8 more)

Genno

I think my other post got blocked due to a web link to the item on eBay, but basically think I'm going to take this on board and swap out the cheap bolts for decent ones. Flipping hate rust...

spudrees

I think my other post got blocked due to a web link to the item on eBay, but basically think I'm going to take this on board and swap out the cheap bolts for decent ones. Flipping hate rust...

Apart from the bolts they are really well made...

Genno

Agreed.

Found some titanium bolts on eBay should the external ones rust or start looking bad - about £6.

I can't get over how good quality the aluminium is, makes up for the crappy bolts at least. :)

Sinooch

i ordered a knock off set of these too. i paid like 20-30$ for the pair on ebay. they look great on the bike. mine were weird though because they actually had rizoma printed on it. are yours the same way or just mine?

Genno

I saw a couple with rizoma on, these ones are just plain though. I was thinking about getting some small yamaha logos printed to put on - but not sure if it would suit it.

Lagi

Hi all, ordered some mirrors a week ago from China. Just arrived today, including postage these cost £26.

All parts CNC aluminimum, bolts are poor quality but otherwise perfect.

Will be fitted when weather improves for a review if anyone is interested.

They look very clean! Are the mirrors convex?

Good buy

Genno

Flush/flat glass with a blue tint (no visible convex to them).

There's ice on the roads, but soon as it warms up will get them on and check visibility - it's not gonna be great and I'm pretty new to bikes so this will be fun...

I hope they look good on! Eager to fit them.

Genno

So, ordered some titanium replacement bolts off of eBay, ready to fit but the aluminium is pretty weak - over tightening could shear the thread.

I still want to fit them, and it's cost me a tenner for bolts so don't want to waste my money - but looks like I may have to use a type of metal glue and tighten bolts enough not to shear, but stay solid when the adhesive hardens.

Main issue, would make it a flipping nightmare to adjust them!

Whatever solution I use will post it here for reference.

Keach

So, ordered some titanium replacement bolts off of eBay, ready to fit but the aluminium is pretty weak - over tightening could shear the thread.

I still want to fit them, and it's cost me a tenner for bolts so don't want to waste my money - but looks like I may have to use a type of metal glue and tighten bolts enough not to shear, but stay solid when the adhesive hardens.

Main issue, would make it a flipping nightmare to adjust them!

Whatever solution I use will post it here for reference.

I too found the bolts it came with were of poor quality. Specifically the reverse thread mounting bolt would not thread. I had to have them send me another one. I used a little bit of locktite on all the bolts and a year later everything is good. Once you get them set right you don't want them to move anyway. Don't worry about not being able to readjust them. Plus the main head of the mirrors will still be adjustable up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genno

I too found the bolts it came with were of poor quality. Specifically the reverse thread mounting bolt would not thread. I had to have them send me another one. I used a little bit of locktite on all the bolts and a year later everything is good. Once you get them set right you don't want them to move anyway. Don't worry about not being able to readjust them. Plus the main head of the mirrors will still be adjustable up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. The m10 bolt reverse thread one is luckily okay, however they are a wee bit too long. Going to have to get washers or take a few mm off of them.

Grabbed some thread locker, hoping to finish fitting tomorrow and take it out.

Genno

Finished fitting, took them out for a ride - spot on.

For mirrors to fit and full costs:

Mirrors £26, delivered.
used plastic washers (for taps) in black, they compress slightly but not too much. Placed between the mirror connector and clamp where the main left and right thread bolts go. Cost about £1.
4 x m6 x 18mm titanium bolts and 2 x m6 titanium washers. Used to replace the 10mm and 18mm bolts it came with that are sub par, washers used on the bolts that replace the 10mm ones (that was too short) £10
4 x m6 split ring washers, used where the other two m6 bolts are on the main arm of the mirror - took some force getting in but makes adjustment easier and more solid. Less than £1.

Total: £38

Pictures attached - let me know opinions and if you think it's worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg