risers - CHECK THOSE CABLE LENGTHS!!

hypo

I wanted to get some risers, and luckily checked the slack on the cables before purchasing... I got the 1.2 inch risers but was considering the 2.0 inchers before measuring... the throttle and the brake cables are VERRRRY tight. the 1.2 just barely tightens up the brakelines when I throw the handlebars all the way over to the left, but that won't ever happen when driving, so I feel ok... but its not like you can get just a replacement unit for the brakeline from the 3 way up to the handlebars, you gotta get the full monkey. :/ I'll be watching all of them for wear.

also gonna find that thread from the guy who replaced his brakelines to see just how tightly fitted those were... maybe change them out also.

SpunkyTheTuna

If you need to, you can have custom lines built for relatively cheap at most places that work on things like heavy construction equipment or hydraulics. You can usually take your end bits in, tell them how long you need the hose to be and they'll take care of it. Mostly you'll be able to choose between rubber coated lines or stainless lines, but you won't likely be able to choose colors. Not much call for hot pink hydraulic lines on bulldozers. I know, big surprise!

OTOH, I've been making my own brake lines for probably fifteen years or more. I just buy the bits I need from a hot rod shop and make them myself. It's not hard, it's just critical to do it right so that they don't asplode when you really need them to work.

Last edited: