Riding in Germany

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
I am fortunate enough to travel to Germany twice a year for business, and sometimes even more fortunate to stay a few extra days to rent a bike and ride around with a buddy who lives in Geisenfeld (near Ingolstadt) who rides a 2006 Speed Triple. I just got back this past Saturday...We had another buddy with us too, one of my customers/friends...This time I rented a Triumph Street Triple "R" and our other bud from Canada rented a Speed Triple. The Street Triple "R" was an awesome bike, comparable power to our FZ's, and it had upgraded brakes and suspension from a regular Street triple. Had a blast, swapped for an hour or so with my buddies 2006 Speedy... When he got off the Street Triple "R", he says "this bike must be a female!"... I asked him why, he answered "because it's a horny little bitch!" lol!

We rode down towards Salzburg, to a town called Berchtesgaden, rode past the lower part of Kehlstein (or the Eagles Nest), but alas the top portion was still closed (they were having a late spring just like ours, still potential for avalanches, etc..)

Berchtesgaden, Germany - Google Maps

The next day we rode around the Altmuhltahl (basically, a river valley), a popular destiantion for bikers...

Riedenburg, Germany - Google Maps

To top it all off, went to Porsche with another buddy on Thursday and drove a Carrerra 2 S for 1/2 a day before touring the Porsche factory and museum...

One of my best trips to Germany to date...

alexk

Weekend Rider
Sounds like a phenominal trip. I've done much of the same in BMW cars, and loved every moment of it.

I do want to say kudos for avoiding the Nurburgring and Hochenheim. I've got 6 days on the former, and in that time we've lost two riders. Have fun, but stay safe!