Reflective Helmet Decals

trixster8

I picked up a decal kit on Ebay for my helmet. The price wasn't bad ($23 shipped) for the quality, 3M reflective vinyl. I chose the white lightning bolt kit because it best matched my helmet. Hopefully it will help protect me from a nighttime rearending, which I've been too close to in the past! Here are the pics that show the difference.

D

Deleted member 438

That's pretty cool, but I don't know how well we can prevent night time rear endings out by us. There's just too much traffic in the Chicago metro area.

C

calscrazy

move out of chicago :D

of course i dont think the reflctive stickers will help against our suicidal deer!!:eek:

the stickers are a pretty good idea for a metro area though.

minja714

Ive been thinking about doing this for the longest time now...

basically a stripe of light that glows and you can make it pulse too. i just need more disposable income and a set thats not from china. very tron looking.

D

Deleted member 438

move out of chicago :D

of course i dont think the reflctive stickers will help against our suicidal deer!!:eek:

the stickers are a pretty good idea for a metro area though.

I'd love to go somewhere more MC friendly, but I think this would mean moving to Europe.

H

Hoover

I'd love to go somewhere more MC friendly, but I think this would mean moving to Europe.

My son is moving to Chicago next month, I will be down often in the Summer, we can terrorise Michigan Ave together on our 8's!!

D

Deleted member 438

My son is moving to Chicago next month, I will be down often in the Summer, we can terrorise Michigan Ave together on our 8's!!

Just let me know when you are in town. I'm sure Trixster8 is also down.

trixster8

I'm in! But honestly, I'd rather head up to Madison, much better riding up there. Plus, I read on the other FZ8 forum that there are 4 FZ8 riders in Madison, right Hoover?. Maybe we could all plan a get together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I'm in! But honestly, I'd rather head up to Madison, much better riding up there. Plus, I read on the other FZ8 forum that there are 4 FZ8 riders in Madison, right Hoover?. Maybe we could all plan a get together.

I didn't know there was another forum.

H

Hoover

I didn't know there was another forum.

There is another forum, not quite as busy but most of us are on both.
There are at least 4 FZ 8's in Madison right now.

If you guys are interested, the Slimey Crud Run is a HUGE deal. It attracts over 2000 bikes on the first Sunday in May from a 4 state area.
Google it and let me know. I would be happy to get a posse together and ride down to meet you and then show up all together. It is a fantastic bike event. A ton of old Euro and Jap bikes plus Streetfighters and drags. Very few bikes from Milwaukee...thankfully

D

Deleted member 438

There is another forum, not quite as busy but most of us are on both.
There are at least 4 FZ 8's in Madison right now.

If you guys are interested, the Slimey Crud Run is a HUGE deal. It attracts over 2000 bikes on the first Sunday in May from a 4 state area.
Google it and let me know. I would be happy to get a posse together and ride down to meet you and then show up all together. It is a fantastic bike event. A ton of old Euro and Jap bikes plus Streetfighters and drags. Very few bikes from Milwaukee...thankfully

That sounds like fun, but I'll be in Vegas that weekend.

Rgraphic

Slimy Crud Run is a great time. Went last spring but missed the fall run. I'd be up for riding with a group.

FZER

Avid Rider
I picked up a decal kit on Ebay for my helmet. The price wasn't bad ($23 shipped) for the quality, 3M reflective vinyl. I chose the white lightning bolt kit because it best matched my helmet. Hopefully it will help protect me from a nighttime rearending, which I've been too close to in the past! Here are the pics that show the difference.

Dude that is SWEET!

n8kdfz8

ur reflective decal was a great idea. so i bought some red 5mm reflective rim tape and applied a strip of tape each where the two rear exhaust vents are of my bell vortex helmet . also stuck some on the rear tail of bike (left and right sides coming out of vents as well as on bottom of battery where it just barely sticks out) this way people can somewhat see from both sides and rear. cause i took off those red rectangle factory reflectors due to the tail tidy i made. im still debating if i want to use the rim tape on my rims. LOL i like that all black rims still.

B

bren

I heard a few years ago that stickers on helmets was a bad idea cos of the glue weakening the structure... Are these def safe?