Racing509 - Frame Slider Alternatives

rnvanquish

The main issue is that stunting cages are good for stunting and not much else. Generally, they're bulky and obtrusive and restrict the lean angles that most casual riders, especially canyon riders, are accustomed to. My company is currently working on protection for these bikes that's specifically designed for casual riders/canyon carvers. We're keeping lean angle and low-profile at the forefront of this build. After all, the majority of us aren't stunters and don't need those massive cages. However, the majority of us DO need to maintain the ability to lean excessively and not worry about some bulky cage catching the ground during extreme maneuvers.

Unfortunately, due to the tsunami in Japan, the importation of these FZ8s has been EXTREMELY limited. Due to this, we're currently working on getting some of the more popular bikes fit up first (the GSXR600, GSXR750, CBR600, and R6).

I have been working closely with the owner on these bikes as he's designated me as the project manager for these. I sincerely hope we get to make these bars for the FZ8 as I ride an FZ8 myself, it will be a little down the line though. I'll keep you guys posted as to how it goes.

Here are the bars we've made for the GSXR:

As you can see, these bars are extremely close to the fairing to allow for deep lean angles. In fact, measurements show that these bars protrude LESS THAN 1/8" farther than where generic frame sliders do. That's not too bad for a cage.

Here's what we've done for the R6. I'm not wild on the aesthetics of the R6 bar but it's what the owner wanted to do. I can tell you first hand, the bar itself works great. If i had my druthers though, the upper bracket would have been a bucket joint to that slightly lower mounting point, not a funky bracket up to the slightly higher one near the seat but sometimes you have to pick you battles.

As you can see, though, the R6 bars are extremely close to the fairings as well. The goal of these bars was basically to offer protection for those that would like something that goes beyond basic frame sliders but don't necessarily want an expensive stunt cage. From what I've found, most cages designed towards stunting are in the $250-$275 range. For our bars, we're looking at an MSRP of about $170.

hypo

so you represent some competition to the 905's and TAW then? Tell you what, the first company to put out rails for the FZ8 is getting my business.

Jbomb

Now Available...

I emailed Racing905 the other day and after sending a few messages back and forth...

They have a jig made for the FZ8 Race Cages!

$169.99

You have to call them to place the order because they aren't available on the website.

Racing 905 | San Diego
Stephanie (619) 210-3787
(Ordering Info Person)

I'll be ordering mine soon, just figured I'd distribute the Info

minja714

i regret saying that they didnt have to priority ship mine cause im staring at the damn status screen for days now without any change. im very frustrated. been nearly a god damn month.

D

DJK1505

So does anyone have pics of any cages on their bikes? Not the engine gaurd, but a race or stunt cage?

Thanks
DJ

hypo

I emailed Racing905 the other day and after sending a few messages back and forth...

They have a jig made for the FZ8 Race Cages!

$169.99

You have to call them to place the order because they aren't available on the website.

Racing 905 | San Diego
Stephanie (619) 210-3787
(Ordering Info Person)

I'll be ordering mine soon, just figured I'd distribute the Info

oh SHIT! Totally missed that they had them available! Did you get it? Got Pics?

D

DJK1505

Bump!
Anyone get these yet?

Looks like I am going to have to change my winter mod list around a little and get these next! LOL

D

DJK1505

Damn those look pretty good. How do you like them? Thanks for the pics!!!!!

hypo

dude's barefoot in the middle of winter...

do they have "pucks" that are replaceable on the end peice there?

stross13

i dont think new pucks will be needed i have drug the pegs on mine a few times and i am not sure if these bars stick out far enough but i am also intrested in these they look good

minja714

Damn those look pretty good. How do you like them? Thanks for the pics!!!!!

honestly, i dont like them. thats why i didnt install them yet. Personally, I think they stick out too much and ruin the beautiful lines of the bike. i could fit my feet inbetween the gaps in the bars.

but if you like it then maybe i can sell it cause im considered simple frame sliders or something instead. im heading back down there to return the set and talk to them in making one that sits more flush.

D

DJK1505

Yeah I see what you mean. Looks like they could bring that cross bar in about 2 inches and still have plenty of room. I also wish there was something going to the bottom of the bike, kinda looks plain, or like its missing something. Hmm looks like I might be getting the tubing bender out!!!!

JRunner

So you guys really think these should be simmer / more close to the body? How else will they afford protection? I think its rather hard for us to judge without being there in person. There arent any side profile pics to even judge. With exception of the owners opinion of course.

Do you think they will make a slimmer version... If requested?

Thanks....

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

I am sure if you call them they will work with you on whatever you wanted. They have the measurements and a jig built for that one, wouldnt be too difficult to adjust or cut down for what you want.

H

Hoover

I do not get this at all. How many times are you planning on dumping your bike? I get the idea of sliders, but a full cage.. Unless you are practicing your wheelies or stunting, what's the point.

minja714

i brought it back and they said they are gonna make em closer in so ill take new pictures to show you how that works. I agree we dont need a full cage, this is just a bar that goes across the engine which is the most important part of the bike.

i think round 2 is gonna look better.

D

DJK1505

1. I like the looks of it
2. The more protection the better
3. If they make it, and it looks good why not?

I dont plan on stunting, but shit does happen, I would rather be ready for it if it did ever happen, rather than just two little plastic pegs that stick out, this offers much much better protection. Just my :2cents: