R6 front master

C

Camo

Not sure mate?
Come Saturday this week I'll be able to tell you how good an '07 R1 master is or isn't ;)
Front end swap should be done by then...front rim will be black and back will be gold but I couldn't organize enough bike downtime to get the wheels of and powdercoated.

ramrod

Not sure mate?
Come Saturday this week I'll be able to tell you how good an '07 R1 master is or isn't ;)
Front end swap should be done by then...front rim will be black and back will be gold but I couldn't organize enough bike downtime to get the wheels of and powdercoated.

What all is needed for the front end swap? Has anyone else done this?

C

Camo

What all is needed for the front end swap? Has anyone else done this?
You need the forks, callipers and master cylinder as well as an R1 or FZ1 rim and axle.
The year models vary a touch... '07+ R1 front end has the 6 pot callipers.

beefcake morris

Not sure mate?

Thanks Camo,
I bet that setup will rock! I did the 07 R1 rear shock upgrade and love it. I will probably just rebuild the front with better parts.

Are you using the brake lines from the R1 setup you have or the FZ8 lines?

D

DJK1505

04 and up is a very popular mod, 07-08 also, the 09 has a weird suspension set up, they added another adjustment and something. I read somewhere they added another adjustment and its a real pain to set up. And then 10 and up is nice.

I would get the lines off the R1 if you can, heck you just bought the entire front set up, might as well grab the lines while you are there. Or it would be a perfect time to upgrade to SS braided lines.

DJ

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
You need the forks, callipers and master cylinder as well as an R1 or FZ1 rim and axle.
The year models vary a touch... '07+ R1 front end has the 6 pot callipers.

Very interested in this, any info you have gathered I would be really grateful for. I have decided this will be my next major mod but I am finding all the different year/R1vR6 options confusing as hell.

Found the below on ebay and want to pull the trigger but still not sure its the right setup. Are you able to keep your stock upper triple?

R1 Front End Forks Front Suspension 07-08 Yamaha YZF R1 | eBay

D

Deleted member 438

Very interested in this, any info you have gathered I would be really grateful for. I have decided this will be my next major mod but I am finding all the different year/R1vR6 options confusing as hell.

Found the below on ebay and want to pull the trigger but still not sure its the right setup. Are you able to keep your stock upper triple?

R1 Front End Forks Front Suspension 07-08 Yamaha YZF R1 | eBay

You'll be able to keep the stock upper triple with that. The only thing is with the R1 forks is that they are slightly shorter than FZ8/FZ1 forks, so you'll end up changing the geometry slightly. It's probably no biggie---just letting you know.

C

Camo

From all accounts the 10 or 15mm difference in fork length should equate to slightly faster turn in...We'll see in a few days :D