Put on the CF front fender

D

Deleted member 438

Lookie what I got.:)

D

Deleted member 438

That looks great .................how much did it cost you ?

Thanks! I got an eBay cheapie for $150 and the fitment is for an 02-08 r1. I actually wasn't sure if it was even going to fit, but I chanced it and it worked.

D

Deleted member 438

sweet! Are you going to do a CF build?

I'd love to do CF everything on this bike, but unfortunately I don't think we'll get the aftermarket support at that level. The other thing I want is a nice CF hugger, but I have yet to find one.

lothodon

Super Moderator
after having three yamahas in a row now i've noticed that yamaha is really good at re-using a LOT of parts from bike to bike. i'd be willing to bet a hugger from another model will fit just like the front fender.

D

Deleted member 438

after having three yamahas in a row now i've noticed that yamaha is really good at re-using a LOT of parts from bike to bike. i'd be willing to bet a hugger from another model will fit just like the front fender.

I searched for r1 huggers and I haven't been able to find anything that seems like it will fit. Also, I really don't like the look of the fz1 huggers that are out there. All we need to do is find which other model shares our swingarm.

mweston

My bike was just backed into this morning. I'm going to have to get a new front fender. Did it fit perfectly or did you have to do any mods to make it work?

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm going to have to start looking for a rear seat cover for my 12. The Yama part is gloss black.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey jumb5150, it slips on and off right over the tire. The wheel doesn't not have to be removed.