PUIG windscreen

thach1130

Finally installed the PUIG windscreen and took it out for a spin. the windscreen helped a bit. slight tuck while going 80 on the highway reduce the force on the chest a little bit. Downside is the wind is divert slightly up which now have more wind move past the helmet making it a little louder, but then again the helmet has always been pretty loud. i was debating between the PUIG and the Givi but chose the PUIG because it was only 109 which is cheaper than the Givi which is 170. i wish i know someone nearby who have the Givi so i can try it out and make the comparison. maybe the larger surface area of the Givi would help more. However the shape and lines of the PUIG does flow with the shape of the bike better.

Last edited:

thach1130

It's the Yamaha top case.

Update: Oops i meant the rack for the top case. It does help block some rooster tail splatter up from the rear.

charris247

I went with the Givi because I like the look of it better than all the others. The Yamaha flyscreen looks the best but does absolutely nothing. If I didn't do so much highway driving I would not have one at all.

No matter what windscreen you put on the FZ8 your going to have some wind disturbance, but I will say that the Givi stops a lot of it for me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charris247/8681349616/

Last edited:

charris247

How is it that both your wheel touch the ground when you're on centerstand? Mine lift off the rear wheel
It actually is slightly off the ground but the angle at which I took the picture and the slope of the pavement make it look like its touching.

On level pavement its a good 2-3 inches off the ground.