Power Commanders - Worth the money?

Hellgate

No need to apologize. Different results are being produced. It's possible your tuner's test equipment is not sensitive enough to detect a measurable difference.

This is how it was explained by the design engineer: "The AIS system will change the air rule readings at idle and on deceleration. A change is also seen at light throttle cruise under 5000 rpm once the vacuum drops below the AIS diaphragm spring tension, the system stops working". This test was performed on a brand new bike with a fully functional AIS system.

The tuner I work with is Micah Shoemaker the co-owner of AF1 Racing in Austin and New Branaunfels, TX. He has been tuning for 20 years, and uses a Factory Pro EC997 dyno with a Factory Pro 4 Gas High Speed EGA. Not the cheap DynoJet stuff. In other words, he has the very best equipment and experience. He has also tuned for the best CMRA, and WSK racers.

Hellgate

Where's your proof of this, cause the odds are severely stacked against u, there are countless dyno shops that would tell u the same thing, many reputable tuners also say the same not to mention the pages and pages of info u can find on the subject that says exactly what were saying, an active ais system will give a false afr reading, these aren't guesses its a proven fact

My proof, the many bikes I've had tuned. What is your proof? Most "dyno shops" are Hardley Ableson douche bags who don't know squat about tuning, and only "add more fuel."

Contact ECUnleashed, I've piloted flashes with them.

Go talk to Marc Salesburg. BTW, he tunes for Roger Hayden and Danny Eslick. And we know those guys suck.

Finally check out the Factory Pro, "True HP" page. Some of my bikes are listed there.

Happy surfing! :) And don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet. :D

Last edited:

decooney

The PCV and dyno tune decision sure seems to be a no brainer (must do) kinda thing to many of the FZ8 owners on this site regardless of exhaust or intake mods. I'll know for sure whether it was worth it or not on my FZ8 in about two weeks.

Hellgate

The PCV and dyno tune decision sure seems to be a no brainer (must do) kinda thing to many of the FZ8 owners on this site regardless of exhaust or intake mods. I'll know for sure whether it was worth it or not on my FZ8 in about two weeks.

As long as you have a slip on you'll be happy.

F3NIX

Can u find a dyno in the phone book? lol Might seem like a stupid question but I am actually being very serious. I just had a power commander V installed with my new yosh r77 and would like to have everything tuned properly.

Can anyone recommend one in the Phoenix, AZ area?

decooney

Can u find a dyno in the phone book? lol Might seem like a stupid question but I am actually being very serious. I just had a power commander V installed with my new yosh r77 and would like to have everything tuned properly.

F3NIX,
Sorry, I don't know a good Phoenix contact I can recommend but you might check with a few of the mechanics at your regional MC dealers near you and see if they know of a good shop near you. FYI, the cycle dynos are not limited to sport bikes, etc. The place I plan to use does a lot of cruisers and harleys too. I'm going to start with a few base Dynojet maps first as a baseline and decide from there. Still waiting for my PCV to show up in the mail. I think Tucker Rockey was out of stock when my source ordered mine. Hope to get it next week.

F3NIX

F3NIX,
Sorry, I don't know a good Phoenix contact I can recommend but you might check with a few of the mechanics at your regional MC dealers near you and see if they know of a good shop near you. FYI, the cycle dynos are not limited to sport bikes, etc. The place I plan to use does a lot of cruisers and harleys too. I'm going to start with a few base Dynojet maps first as a baseline and decide from there. Still waiting for my PCV to show up in the mail. I think Tucker Rockey was out of stock when my source ordered mine. Hope to get it next week.

Yeah I am going to check into that this week. I would like to play with the tuning on the bike. I talked to the dealership and they just loaded a generic map and I guarantee it can do much more :)

medivh66

Pillion

check out cycledynamics near the 101 and 7th ave

pigdog

bone stock, happy happy happy. haven't had any issues except for cars that want to go around me. so i let them. very fast cars in California. i ride like im invisible. cars dont see or hear bikes .they're going down the same road.

decooney

bone stock, happy happy happy. haven't had any issues except for cars that want to go around me. so i let them. very fast cars in California. i ride like im invisible. cars dont see or hear bikes .they're going down the same road.

If you are really concerned, wear super bright NEON colors. The Gray or dark color FZ8s just blend in and nobody sees you. Don't buy the cool Gray or Black gear clothing IF you want to be seen. I'm in CA too, and was just down 101 near year you headed to the Ocean for MotoGP. The pace people drive there near you and the bay is nuts! You need every advantage you can get. As soon as I finally caved in and got rid of the joe cool black and gray gear, and went to Neon jackets for Summer and Winter, other drivers see me now coming like never before. Be cool or be seen. Louder muffler, Neon Gear, whatever it takes! Good Luck.

RD GUY

power commander-worth the money

only mods are Yoshi slipon,k/n (w/no oil on it just dry,down1 up 2 gearing) tollaly happy with this setup , went 10.98 1/4 mile for me I don't think is worth the money

decooney

only mods are Yoshi slipon,k/n (w/no oil on it just dry,down1 up 2 gearing) tollaly happy with this setup , went 10.98 1/4 mile for me I don't think is worth the money

RD GUY,
By chance have you put your bike on a dyno and measured your Air-Fuel-Ratio after adding your slip-on muffler and K&N filter?

If so,what were the results?

Thanks.

RD GUY

Power Commanders-Worth the money?

decooney,no dyno run not a big fan of the dyno im old school did a plug chop ,nice tan colour bike works great tollaly happy w/set up I have run all my bikes w/this set up (slipon,k/n,dry,down1 up2 gearing) and have never have had any issues.

ZeeKdaGreeK

anyone mess with the Leo Vince Fast II Fuel System??? Is this the same as a PCV? Any opinions on if its better or worse or am I way off on what it does all together???