Power commander 5 tps calibration?

bikee4

The instructions say turn ignition on and open to full throttle, is this with engine running or just the ignition on?

9 Lives

It has to be running, just blip the throttle quickly to WOT, the rev limiter will prevent the engine from over revving. You will notice the PCV will only pick up the TPS voltage for a couple of seconds when you turn on the ignition, you will then hear a relay click and the voltage will go to zero, not enough time to calibrate it. When the engine starts the TPS voltage is read again. At least that is how it works on mine.

This is from the Dynojet PCV webpage.

"When the engine if fully warmed up and the bike is at idle the Control Center software should read 0% We have seen as high as an 8% variation in the throttle position from bike to bike. If yours is not reading “zero” at idle with the motor at normal temperature, then use the following procedure to correct it. In the Power Commander Control Center Software, go to menu “Power Commander Tools” and look for the tool to calibrate the throttle. The bike should always be running when setting the throttle position, as the voltage the sensor sends out can vary between when the bike is at “key on” and “motoring running”. The bike also needs to be at fully warmed up to its normal operating temperature. All you need to do is press "reset" while the bike running at idle, then quickly turn the throttle wide open till you hit the mechanical stop, then let go. Next press "Ok". You don't have to rev the bike out, the throttle just needs to go all the way to wide open and then back to idle."

Last edited:

bikee4

The response from Dynojet:

"General rule of thumb, we calibrate the signal while the bike is fully warmed up, in gear, and running on the dyno; but on your particular bike model, you simply need the key ON."

Let me know if you have any further questions.

9 Lives

They seem to contradict themselves, I took the above statement right from their website. Mine had to be running to calibrate.