polishing stuff

frogger

since I lost my license and my bike has to sit for 6 months I figured id polish some parts on it.

im doing the engine cases and the rims as I don't like rim strips and the 2013 model came with red strips by default. im still trying to get some higher grit sandpaper to finish the engine cases and I need a stand for my front wheel but imo it makes the bike look much better.

this is my second fz8n , my last one was written off but I had installed a FE on it so I had the stock fender in the shed. in western Australia the cops as assholes and will put a defect stick on your bike if they catch u riding with a FE so keeping the stock one is important, but now ill turn the old into a FE by bending each side outwards and drill some holes to mount the license plate and then bend it back towards the front of the bike and drill holes for indicators. if it doesn't turn out ill get my friend to weld a better solution to the mounting plates and still use it.

Mint

The wheel looks pretty cool like that... a lad I work with did that with his ZX10, looked great , but he didn't coat it and it went all scabby looking after a couple of months....Have you put anything on it to stop it oxidising, or are you just going to keep nice n polished. I have a FE on my 8, and I know what you mean, they are pretty strict here. I have heard some stories about guys getting pulled and getting sticker'd....Hopefully mine is not too extreme tho , It still comes down a small bit , has a light on it and I extended it a little bit putting a small plate with the original reflector attached at the back of the rego and just appearing below the plate. I had a bike cop behind me for about 20mins on the mitchell and he never bothered me, so fingers crossed. :)

frogger

oh wow another person from perth :p

yeah once its polished properly it will only take a quick clean once a week or so to stop it getting all crappy. as for the FE I got pulled on my last bike and was given a $100 fine for it but considering what I had done to get pulled over that was a gift as they could have inpounded the bike and all. so really it comes down to the cop.