Picking up my FZ8 tomorrow!!!!!!

Speedy2

Congrats on your purchase. Great choice. You will also find the Givi will give you very good wind protection and make it feel like a different bike. Good luck with it.

Suave96

I'm so freaking excited! I just finished up talking with the salesman and finance lady at the yamaha dealer and am scheduled to go down with my bike first thing tomorrow morning to trade in on a brand new 2012 leftover FZ8 they have! I'm currently on my first bike which is a 2011 Honda CBR250R which was a great beginner bike but I'm ready for something larger and with more power. I put almost 10,000 miles on it the last two seasons and it's been great but the one huge downfall for me is it is seriously lacking safe passing power at anything over about 50-55 mph. The roads I take to work (I use the bike to commute a lot for gas savings over my 13mpg jeep) are 55mph backroads with a few sweeps here and there but mostly fairly straight so most people cruise along at 65-70mph on them. Well occasionally I get behind a granny out sight seeing the farmland going 45-50mph. Well with the 250 I have to kick it down to 4th and still have a pretty long passing area to get around safely (I'm not one for chancing it or cutting it close on a bike) because it just doesn't build speed very quickly in the 50+mph area.

Anyways I've been looking for awhile now and called about a few that were marked down pretty good but I've kept passing them up waiting for the right one. Well I found it! This one is a brand new (1 mile on the odo) 2012 leftover for $6,344!!! Over $2,300 off retail! They just want to get rid of it because they've had it for awhile and their FZ-09's are hitting the floor. They're giving me full kbb value on my bike too which is all I really asked for because they have such a great price on the FZ8. I am so excited because I've really liked the 8's since they came out but was just a little too much bike for me to want to start out on. The local yamaha dealer will only come down to $7,800 on their '12 FZ8 and won't take trades because they're a small dealer that only deal in new yamaha bikes (likely be out of business before too long too because they have horrible inventory all the time from being so small). I'm traveling well over an hour to go get her but man is it worth it. I'll hopefully have up some pictures tomorrow. First things I'm doing is Givi smoked screen, yamaha center stand and a dan moto carbon gp slip on.
CONGRATS. I know how you feel. After I bought mine it was hard for me to come in the house. I think my wife got jealous. I have a 2011 model. Got it for 5500, it had 4000 miles on it. I may be bias but I think its one of the beat bikes out. I have no problem keeping up with my friends on their busas and 1000s plus I get mor compliments. Enjoy your bike man!

pajkrubi

Yeah I think it's an absolutely gorgeous bike. And you don't them everywhere which kind of adds to them turning heads when you go places.

NoNine4me

Reading all the positive comments about the FZ8 from longterm owners is making me feel very, very good about my purchase.

pajkrubi

I'm right there with ya! I did a LOT of reading before getting mine and was tossing around the idea of just getting an fz-09 but the more I read about them as they came out and real peope were buying/riding them the more I tarted to decide on the 8. The 8 is a very solid and proven design and I'm starting to see more and more bad things about the 9. Not to mention when I went down to get my bike I saw a 9 in person for the first time and my GOD is it FUGLY!! I know looks are different to each person and some people think they are great and the 8 isn't nice but to ME (the one doing the buying that day) the 9 is awful looking, especially with the horrible clown looking purple wheels(they are NOT blue!! and even if they were, who puts blue wheels on a bike!?!?! Other than gsxr's which look nice because of their color scheme)

pajkrubi

And now tonight I just finished up reading about the wonders that a Guhl reflash can do for these bikes AND I found out they're like an hour away from my house has me even more sad about my lack of funds. LOL It might actually be my first performance mod though when I do get the money!

master paper clip

And now tonight I just finished up reading about the wonders that a Guhl reflash can do for these bikes AND I found out they're like an hour away from my house has me even more sad about my lack of funds. LOL It might actually be my first performance mod though when I do get the money!

If I didn't already have a Pcv I would easily go with the reflash

MotoZen

I'm about the same distance from there, just in a different direction. I'm thinking of taking my ecu over there when my headlight is getting retrofitted in Jan. Let me know I if you have other plans and maybe I'll meet you there some time.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

pajkrubi

Definitely! I used to get together with a guy off the cbr250 forum that lived in philly for rides up around my area. He used to love coming up here and seeing our sweet country roads that weaved out through farms and woods. If you wanna get together this spring or summer for a ride let me know. And I'd like to go there sometime even if I'm not getting my ecu flashed just to see the place and talk to the guys that work there.