Picking my FZ8 Tomorrow 10/25

SV TO FZ8

I decided to replace my '03 SV650s with an FZ8. Well, I ended up keeping the SV too... for now. I get the bike tomorrow but I'm already starting to purchase a few things. Any suggestions/websites/etc?

F

Fazed

I decided to replace my '03 SV650s with an FZ8. Well, I ended up keeping the SV too... for now. I get the bike tomorrow but I'm already starting to purchase a few things. Any suggestions/websites/etc?

Aftermarket pipe
Mod the airbox
Mod the flies

My PCV should be arriving soon so I'll be able to tell you if it's worth the cash.

Ben1105

Bar end mirrors, unless you happen to enjoy staring at your elbows, the stock ones are atrocious.

D

Deleted member 438

Congrats!!! Are you getting a 2013 or those not at the dealers yet?

H

Hoover

Thats a good upgrade. The SV is a great bike. I am buying one for my wife in the spring.
If you want some good info, take the time to back through the mod posts on here over the past year. Too many to mention in one post!

SV TO FZ8

It's a 2012. I think the 13's are due out in Feb. I wanted the flat black/gray. Actually I wasn't looking but my SV didn't start for the first time ever Friday morning and it's perfect weather down here in Florida so i started riding my buddy's Honda 919 and fell in love with it. The FZ8 is similar.

W

WARPTH

tank pad. stomp grip, after market mirrors are your essentials. anything else is up to your personal taste. and :welcome:

W

WARPTH

Oh yeah. And frame sliders. Flies are a secondary butterfly that regulate the air flow in the throttle bodies. "Modding the flies" consists of trimming them them down to allow more air flow.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Frame sliders, swing-arm stand spools, better mirrors. Not glamorous but oh so practical. I may not ever change my mufflers.

H

Hoover

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who put frame sliders at the top of the mod list. What are you all doing? Forgeting to put your side stands down or just falling off all the time.
Now before you get all up in my face that sliders protect blah blah blah, how many of you have ever needed them?
I have not laid a bike down in 20+ years (probably jinxed myself now!) and I ride it like I stole it. I certainly don't pussy foot around.
Not saying I am a better rider than anyone else by any means, just don't see the need to add sliders before I head out.
Sure, on some bikes they blend in quite nicely, but on a naked, they stick out like a zit on a teenagers nose.
I imagine that most 8 owners are making payments and therefore have full coverage insurance, so that covers that side of things.
Again, not dissing sliders, but putting them at the top of your Santa list??? Just dont get it.

master paper clip

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who put frame sliders at the top of the mod list. What are you all doing? Forgeting to put your side stands down or just falling off all the time.
Now before you get all up in my face that sliders protect blah blah blah, how many of you have ever needed them?
I have not laid a bike down in 20+ years (probably jinxed myself now!) and I ride it like I stole it. I certainly don't pussy foot around.
Not saying I am a better rider than anyone else by any means, just don't see the need to add sliders before I head out.
Sure, on some bikes they blend in quite nicely, but on a naked, they stick out like a zit on a teenagers nose.
I imagine that most 8 owners are making payments and therefore have full coverage insurance, so that covers that side of things.
Again, not dissing sliders, but putting them at the top of your Santa list??? Just dont get it.

Yes I won't be putting them on this bike either, hate the way they look and stick out like a sore thumb with the naked look

F

Fazed

I'm getting frame sliders but it was never at the top of my list. I have full comp insurance with an excess of $400. I had an incident when I was changing my fork oil an a different bike where the bike fell off the jack. I had engine crash bars on the bike and the only damage was a bent front brake lever. $20, a little red faced and I was on the road again. Had I not had them I could have possibly dented the tank or cracked engine casings which would mean I pay out a $400 excess.

pastasauce

How do frame sliders stand out on a naked bike? They blend in much better compared to a faired bike (unless you get the colorful ones).

They are there just in case something should happen. Same thing applies to gear. You'd be more ticked of if you didn't spend the money and something happened, than if you spent the money and it never got used. ;)

master paper clip

How do frame sliders stand out on a naked bike? They blend in much better compared to a faired bike (unless you get the colorful ones).

They are there just in case something should happen. Same thing applies to gear. You'd be more ticked of if you didn't spend the money and something happened, than if you spent the money and it never got used. ;)

Idk they look out of place for me, I'm extremely picky on the looks, reason I'm not riding with mirrors, think it makes the bike look so much meaner I don't think Frame sliders look good on any bime , plus I have full coverage and also love getting down and dirty working on my toys

mrthompson

Yes I won't be putting them on this bike either, hate the way they look and stick out like a sore thumb with the naked look

From reading on here some where. They said they saved the engine from a stopped drop. I know there is one guy that said he dropped his and busted his case/ cover because the lack of.

C

Camo

I think you need to fark the huge plate holder at the rear off, number one mod for mine.
Second thing is mirrors that are functional.