picked my new beauty yesterday and love it....

Fizzer8

Got mine yesterday and love it. A little sad to say goodbye to my 1st geared ride the YZF R125. I didn't expect it to sound so great, even with stock exhuast and the drive is just great. Breath taking in spots and eye wateringly good! Fitted evo rad guard same day and now just looking at bungs and can

A quick couple of questions:

1. |Is it normal for new bikes not to start 1st time and stay running without a little rev?

2. Is this lead in photo below for ecu / diagnostics and should it be on the outside of the driver seat or tucked inside?

Last edited:

master paper clip

Got mine yesterday and love it. A little sad to say goodbye to my 1st geared ride the YZF R125. I didn't expect it to sound so great, even with stock exhuast and the drive is just great. Breath taking in spots and eye wateringly good! Fitted evo rad guard same day and now just looking at bungs and can

A quick couple of questions:

1. |Is it normal for new bikes not to start 1st time and stay running without a little rev?

2. Is this lead in photo below for ecu / diagnostics and should it be on the outside of the driver seat or tucked inside?

Idk my bike started on the first push and runs fine an still does 4000mi later, if its from a dealer tell them to check it out

Fizzer8

do these pics work now? and thanks wfdowns.

The bike straight out of the shop took 3-4 times to start up and after that fine for the rest of day. Only did it again after I stalled it by having side stand down when engaging 1st gear. When i reset the key/ignition it started fine. Today it started 1st time so fingers crossed.

Also can anyone tell me what the lead is in the 2nd photo, wondering if it's meant to be on the outside of the seat?

Last edited:

n00b

Avid Rider
I don't recall seeing anything sticking out on the bike like that connector.

And it should just start quickly and run. cold or hot.

Mine is two weeks old now and 160 miles. No starting issues.

TeleRob

My bike came with a battery charging connector too. I think some of the shops do it so they can easily keep the batteries maintained on the floor.

BIGpanda

My bike took a few tries to start on me ONCE after that it never did it again. And that "lead" is for a battery tender.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Congrats on the new bike, mine does not have the tender connection.
btw what's the round thing under the passenger peg?

cpatt

hold the clutch in when you start the bike.. it helps not sure why but it does. and these bikes just dont like cold starts in general. nothing rely to worry about

Fizzer8

Congrats on the new bike, mine does not have the tender connection.
btw what's the round thing under the passenger peg?

It's a road tax holder.

Absolutley adore this bike, didn't even test ride her before buying .

i also read a few sites slating the fz8 off compared to the triumph and kawasaki's naked bikes, but sometimes reviews don't always apply to everyone. A few 10th's slower to 60 than the other competitors and shittier mpg, but so what, I really like the way she purrs, drives and drinks fuel.

Can't wait till break in period is over to open her up a little more and so looking forward to a europe trip next year on her, Uk to Malta.

Last edited: